Field Of Dreams: 500 Vehicle Barn Find Auction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezheimers

Sept. 28th - 29th Auction of more than 500 cars and trucks that have been stashed away
for decades by the owners of a small town Chevrolet dealership in Pierce, Neb.

Lambrecht Chevrolet closed it's doors in 1996. The Lambrecht's, now in their 90's, held onto customer trade-ins and purchased outdated inventory to make room for new models.

The extensive collection of survivor cars and automobilia will be auctioned in a field near the Pierce Community Golf Course, about 125 miles Northwest of Omaha.

Minnesota-based VanDerBrink Auctions is handling the sale.

Hope to see you there... Leaving tonight. -EZ

Good luck! [cl I bet it will be hard to buy anything at a decent price, the high rollers will bid everything but the parts cars sky high. I'd love to see what the final prices are, I hope they are posted somewhere. Wish I could afford to go and try to buy something, that will be a once in a lifetime deal.

When word of this auction came out it spread like a wildfire thru the old car community.
These people owned a dealership for years and their policy was to never sell a car that came in on trade and once the new model year came out what ever they had in inventory from the previous year they would not sell as well.
Hence all the cars.
Yes some of them have only 2 or 3 miles on the odometer. Some have more .
The problem as I see it is that none of the cars were stored properly and many of them just sat out in a field. Exposed to the weather.
It will be interesting to hear what these cars go for. Paying top dollar for a car with no miles sounds great but not if it needs a complete restoration anyway.
Torchie.

all I can say is OMG !!!

would love one of those 59 4 door sedans... that's the car my mom learned to drive in, it was an old clunker, & didn't have a muffler, & was loud... I was like 11 years old, & it's the 1st car I ever lusted after... I was so... ****ed when my dad sold it... even at 11 years old... I WANTED IT !!!

there has been so much publicity about this collection.. my guess is everything will go sky high.. i went to the Lee Hartung auction which had lots of publicity as well.. and all that stuff went crazy high... a few ok deals but most stuff was way to rich for my blood

90% of the cars are junk, rotted away into scrap IMO. And they will go for retarded money.

I went to a decent size estate auction with a lot of cars in Colorado a few weeks ago and most of the more diserable cars went for twice of what they was worth. 29 A model A roaster sold for over $3k. It needed the bottom 6" of every panel replaced. No interior, frame was hacked on, junk engine, wrong doors, sub floor was screwed and on, and on....

We had one of her auctions over in Spearfish last year. Lots of real old and rare cars, tons of parts and gas station stuff. I didn't bother to go, thought it would be a feeding frenzie. My friend went and bought many lots for cheap, parts he made a killing on ebay, so you never know.

Yep, the bidding has already went sky high like I figured it would. :( I still want to see the final prices, I'm sure the old man will have nice nest egg when all is said and done.....

I see the History channel has got those fools from the American verson of Top Gear doing a show at the auction. Sure to all blown up hype BS.:rolleyes:

I saw this on Fox news today at lunch. A lot of these cars are brand new and never been titled. They were showing a 65 Impala with only 10 miles on it. Never had been titled.

I saw this on Fox news today at lunch. A lot of these cars are brand new and never been titled. They were showing a 65 Impala with only 10 miles on it. Never had been titled.

That's what's turning this auction on it's head, a lot of these cars have never been titles and almost zero miles. I think it's pretty cool, but it is unfortunate that they will be sold at ridiculous prices. But, if I had the money I would probably try and get one or two.

too much

most of the vehicles look in real bad or rough shape and people are paying WAAAAAAY to much $$$ for what is a project/total resto/rod stuff.

Later :cool:

Plain nuts

I'm watching a rerun of the auction and people are paying stupid prices for stuff you can get off Craigslist restored same money. An Austrian chick paid 40k for a "new" 57 Chevy 4dr, I mean a 4dr, really? She doesn't even know how to ship it home. Auction fever go figure.

Don

Latest posts

Back