Where is everybody?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in the shop until 1:00 am last night, and just came in tonight. Just checking e-mail, and messages, and moving on. I hope it is because everyone is busy.

work and trying to get everything together to build a new shop. i did finish my little garage, but it is already packed full, so here i go again.

I'm here, but mostly lurking again. I ripped up my arm and have had to go on "light duties" for a while. Haven't been working on anything. I have been rearranging the basement man cave for winter.

Life seems to be getting to darn busy as well.

I just been so busy with other things, I'll hopefully be posting more stuff on mine at the end of this week, and some next week =) Keep pushing forward!

About all I've had any time for is a bit of lurking. Shop has been crazy busy. Add that to buying a house in the spring that needs a complete remodling and I have a honey do list 10 pages long. Looking forward to some quieter winter months to get back at the truck and have something to post.

Still here, but like a lot of others, not a lot getting done! :( Big truck has been down a lot lately, truck don't run=I get no money. :mad: Not to mention every time it's down, not only do I lose the income, there's the shop bill to pay. About $3000 behind right now, so buying parts is out of the question for a while. I did update my Lincoln build thread last weekend, never heard any complaints or complements.....

I've been trying to get my Christmas shopping done.

But lately I've just been getting on to look at cat pics while I Netflix the last season of Breaking Bad. ....after I come in from working on the yard, house, etc.

Last edited:
Been working on non rat-rod car(s).

In general I think the rat rod craze is dropping off. I think it really picked up yrs ago when Jesse James and the like started showing up on TV.

I wonder how the post count on the PORK is doing? May be a general slowdown in hot-rodding?

Don't be alarmed, this happens on every forum from time to time. :) It's Summer and people are out doing things, but when Winter comes we all have more time to sit around and shoot the breeze.

I've been busy at work, my "part time job" has ended up being 40 hours a week, sometimes more. I had a 13 day stretch at one point with no days off. On my days off work would call and ask if I could come in, and being the money grubber I am, I always go. :eek:

I am also knee deep into building myself a new daily driver. My Caddy is getting some miles on it and I found another one just like it, but mint, except the motor is blown. So I bought another one with on 50,000 miles on it, but hit in the front end. It was a light tap, but they totaled it out. For the past 3 months I have been stripping down the wrecked one and boxing and storing the parts so I can make one good car out of the two.

I have done a lot of engine swaps and removals in my life, but this Northstar is the worst I have ever undertaken. Never seen so many hookups and weird stuff in my life, and the whole engine cradle has to come out the bottom, so I have to get the car 4 feet in the air. :eek:

Anyway, things forum wise will pick up again, it always goes that way.

Don

Excuses...excuses...

Well.....a 2 week bout with allergies..not much sleep. Then some work on the house.
I've managed to do a little on my COE but not enough to post. But now I should be able to get back on schedule. Hopefully I'll be posting some stuff soon.

Lynn

Still here, and look at new posts every day, just not posting. My Terraplane is in running order, but needs some modifications this winter. Speaking of which, snow forcasted for tomorrow, so have been getting things ready around the house.

Latest posts

Back