Anybody build 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder rat rods?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[cl[dr[dr[dr

Thats bitchen ride!![cl
All Pontiac is more bitchen :eek:

Thanks for the information, 2.3TurboT. I'll file it in case another project pops up. Sounds like a fun combination.

JMT, cool choice for an engine in your '33.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this build.

I've always wanted to build a "period" hot rod using a Pontiac Cammer engine; finally getting the opportunity to make it happen.
I might get ambitious and start a build thread.

My ‘36 Chevy pickup

I bought this truck running and driving almost 18 years ago with a 283 and powerglide.
When the 283 turned out to not be as advertised I found a 350/350 combo.
I was getting 6-10 mpg on non-ethanol premium with a 3.90 rear and 31” tires at 2950 lbs.
The 350 was bought used and developed problems.
I bought an ‘85 Toyota pickup for $850. It looked like a piece of crap inside and out but was said to have a rebuilt 22r and 4 speed.
I drove it for a month or so. It always fired right up and ran clean. Didn’t leak or burn a drop of oil.
I got someone with the facilities to do it to swap the 22r in with a 5 speed I junkyarded from a 1 ton Toyota and had rebuilt at Aamco. I also took the 3.08 rear and I wanted the brakes to be more effective so I went down to 24” rear tires, close to the stock donor truck.
It dried the weight to 2350 (the donor truck listed at 2650) and all 600 lbs. of the difference was on the front. It cornered MUCH better and averages 25mpg on the cheapest regular.
If you want a lot of motor you are welcome to it . I’m not going to race anybody.

I bought this truck running and driving almost 18 years ago with a 283 and powerglide.
When the 283 turned out to not be as advertised I found a 350/350 combo.
I was getting 6-10 mpg on non-ethanol premium with a 3.90 rear and 31” tires at 2950 lbs.
The 350 was bought used and developed problems.
I bought an ‘85 Toyota pickup for $850. It looked like a piece of crap inside and out but was said to have a rebuilt 22r and 4 speed.
I drove it for a month or so. It always fired right up and ran clean. Didn’t leak or burn a drop of oil.
I got someone with the facilities to do it to swap the 22r in with a 5 speed I junkyarded from a 1 ton Toyota and had rebuilt at Aamco. I also took the 3.08 rear and I wanted the brakes to be more effective so I went down to 24” rear tires, close to the stock donor truck.
It dried the weight to 2350 (the donor truck listed at 2650) and all 600 lbs. of the difference was on the front. It cornered MUCH better and averages 25mpg on the cheapest regular.
If you want a lot of motor you are welcome to it . I’m not going to race anybody.

We want to see photos![P

Pics

I need help! Instead of allowing me to post pics from my computer photos it asks for an url.
I am a technophobe and don’t have a clue how to get pics on here!

I need help! Instead of allowing me to post pics from my computer photos it asks for an url.
I am a technophobe and don’t have a clue how to get pics on here!

When you make a post, scroll down to "attach files" and you'll see a box called "Manage Attachments". In the window it takes you to you can either choose a file or a URL.

Latest posts

Back