Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great score indeed! "Player advances 3 spaces..." [cl

Are you going to use the manual trans with it? [S

Yes, can't remember the last time I drove a vehicle with 3 pedals :confused:
I know it's a big 'ol truck 4 spd with the granny low but that'll be good for putting around parking lots and the Wrinkle Ranch in Arizona which is where this one is going to reside once it's mobile. I'm going to use the entire drivetrain, engine, tranny, driveshaft, rearend. Plus the pedals, window winders, wiper drive, gas tank and any other bits I can scavenge. :)

Started work on the rear frame kickups. Cut the profiles from 1/8" plate, top and bottom caps from 2x1/4" flat bar. Beveled the edges, sparked 'em together, welded them up and ground the welds down, nice and purty....[;)[;) Left tabs on the ends to dovetail into the 2x6 main sections for a strong joint.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3625.JPG
    IMG_3625.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3626.JPG
    IMG_3626.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3627.JPG
    IMG_3627.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3628.JPG
    IMG_3628.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 59
Welded up the front frame horns, same build method as the rear sections, ground them smooth. I've had these frame horns tacked together for a long time, (2102!) they were originally meant for the 36 Packard but not used because I put an MII front end on it. Almost threw them out for scrap a couple times, but my packrat DNA made me keep them.:cool: The front axle was also modified then, came from my buddys 46 Chev PU when we put a MII front end in it 25 years ago - where does the time go??

attachment.php
attachment.php

Tacked together some 2x2 and 2x4 to make 2x6 main rails in my favorite style - lots more welding but they are super strong (and that's what I had on hand :rolleyes:) The wheelbase will be fairly long at 125", so I don't want any flexing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3629.JPG
    IMG_3629.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3630.JPG
    IMG_3630.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3631.JPG
    IMG_3631.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 72
Yanked the big 'ol FE lump out of the donor truck. The grille was bent and the rad support rotted out so in Roadkill fashion, I just took the sawzall to the unlucky F100 , making it easier to get it all out in one dirty chunk. More juggling to get it indoors, put in in my trailer, backed it into the shop, unloaded it with the cherry picker and plunked it on top of the Gasser frame for now. Need more room....

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3637.JPG
    IMG_3637.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3639.JPG
    IMG_3639.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 67
Bunch of clamping, coaxing, welding and grinding later, the pieces are merged into complete framerails.
"I like curvy frames and I cannot lie.." :cool:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3645.JPG
    IMG_3645.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3646.JPG
    IMG_3646.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back