Home away from home

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent choice on the wheel covers for the trailer.
I must admit to chuckling to my self when I saw the Drive in speakers.
More than one buddies car had those for add on radio speakers back in the day.....
Torchie.

Excellent choice on the wheel covers for the trailer.
I must admit to chuckling to my self when I saw the Drive in speakers.
More than one buddies car had those for add on radio speakers back in the day.....
Torchie.

I think it was a good choice on the covers, need something better than the black steelies, and they needed to fit a universal part. Think it will work in fine style.

Yeah, I picked the speakers up from a fellow board member, should be a nice addition. I already have a dang fine set of 6 1/2" set of Kenwoods back there. They work Great, but these fit the bill a little better to be out on display. Still need to fab up some sort of neat hanger for them for when I am out at the show, or camping.....

I also have a set of the speakers for DirtyRat, but he is kind of MIA. If I don't catch up with him this spring/summer his may go to a new home, or I may put them up in my basement.

Just something to think about that you may find handy. On my trailer winches, campers, and dump trailer I have a plug in for a electric tow motor battery. The other end is on the tow vehicles. When the trailer is hooked to the truck you can charge you battery as you drive. If you don't get excessive with your camper battery usage you will never have to hook it to a charger, just the truck.

Just something to think about that you may find handy. On my trailer winches, campers, and dump trailer I have a plug in for a electric tow motor battery. The other end is on the tow vehicles. When the trailer is hooked to the truck you can charge you battery as you drive. If you don't get excessive with your camper battery usage you will never have to hook it to a charger, just the truck.

Way ahead of ya buddy!!! :D Already done! But when it is sitting for a long time I leave a tender on it.

Did pop the caps on it yesterday and have a look. I LIKE it!!! Next fenders.

IMG_20150206_134855_635_zpszx5jodee.jpg

Hey,
I was wondering, are you a member on TearJerkers or T&TTT (teardrops&tinytraveltrailers) sites?
In July we are having a huge gathering in Spencer, In. @ McCormicks Creek SP in July! It's called the Crossroads of America (CRA) and it happens every 2 yrs. We have had 2011 (142 campers), 2013 (149) and already have over 90 sites taken. Go to TJer's and check the Gatherings section for more info. Get your sites fast as they are filling up FAST! Let's Pack the Park as we have done in pass gatherings. Hope to see ya there, I know there will be another "Convertible TD" from Ohio there too.
Til later by the fire--John T.
ps..I'm Chapter Director of the Mountaineers of WV chapter on TearJerkers and I put on a gathering in Summersville, Wv. the first weekend of Oct.

No I'm not a member. The only forum I posted anything to for the teardrop is this one (really the only forum I am really active on). Unfortunately, kind of, I will not be doing much of anything in July. My daughter, first kid, is due July 1st which will put a halt on most activities this summer. Maybe the following show I will be able to go.

I am still working on the teardrop to get some other stuff done on it and hope to mostly finish it up this spring.

Pulled this back in the shop. Time to get some more done so it is ready for this season. Grabbed a couple fenders to put on. Not quite what I want but with a little trimming I think they will look fine.

IMG_20150410_191601_489_zpsivkyfnel.jpg

Well finally finished the auxiliary speakers. Not too shabby! AND they can just hang on the side!

IMG_20150413_180604_971_zpsm3nlllpb.jpg

With the new speakers in the housings they sound pretty good! Little rattle to them but otherwise I like it! Just skipped the volume knobs on the front figured I don't need them. Need some hangers inside to put them on when not in use, and cord storage. So things can be a little organized.

The speakers are a cool touch.....kinda reverse.....now you'll pull in and hang them out instead of hanging them in. :D
That baby girl will be here and big enough to go camping before you know it.

Hey, I talked to DR the other day (we text every now and then) and he is working on his truck a little bit......along with prepping for his busy summer. ;)

Fender #1 securely in place. Not sure if I will be happy with the fact that it is welded on. Should I have a problem I will have to cut it off.... Oh well. It is secure, tested the ability of it being a chair. It didn't buckle so I guess that makes it good.

IMG_20150428_201921_732_zpsobq3yy6p.jpg

Latest posts

Back