Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look like a good profile on the jamb.
Did you bend that up?

No. I was trying to figure out a way to make something for the jambs while I was looking in my accumulated junk when I found that. It's the drops from when I cut down some pallet racks to put inside a sea container for storage.

It is perfect almost. I just had to back cut it to get the curve to match the body and the door. Never throw anything away cause I might need it.

Looks nice. [P[P

Thanks Kenny.. Still beatin on it.

Gaining on it. I got the 2 up rights to match finally and got every thing squared up then I stuck the bottom on it. Just all tacked in good and solid in case I have to move any thing. I don't think I will but you never know.

I need to get the entry cut out and tacked in tomorrow then I just have to make one door out of these two and make it fit the hole. Sounds pretty easy if you say it real fast. Ha!!

Thanks for keeping an eye on me.

Attachments

• IMG-3154.jpg
    IMG-3154.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-3153.jpg
    IMG-3153.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 33
Thanks all.
My plan is coming together. I don't have enough steel big enough so it's off to the big city this morning to get a sheet of steel plate.
And I hate going to town.

I had to go pick up some steel this morning and I about told them to keep it. The last 4x10 sheet of 14ga cold roll I bought cost me $98.
The sheet today was $132. If I hadn't needed it for another project I would have done something else.

I'm through whining now.

I did get some rigidity build back into the cab today. It was kinda weak with the side cut out of it.
I'm going to take a couple days off and give my aching back a break during this cold snap coming this week end.

Still lots to do next week.
POPS

Attachments

• IMG-3156.jpg
    IMG-3156.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-3157.jpg
    IMG-3157.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 16
Fantastic![cl. You make it look easy.

It's not easy but it is fun.
If I didn't enjoy this so much I save my money and go back to Alaska this summer.

Now he's an auctioneer as well. :D:D[ddd[ddd

It's looking like you have that figured out. [P[P

I don't know about the auctioneer bit. I can't think fast enough for that.
One step at a time.[;)[;)

The new door space is looking great. Can't wait to see the door in place.
I gotta ask, was there a reason for putting the new door on the drivers side rather than the curb side like most three doors?

The new door space is looking great. Can't wait to see the door in place.
I gotta ask, was there a reason for putting the new door on the drivers side rather than the curb side like most three doors?

He doesn't have to walk around the passenger side to put stuff in the back. :D:D

That's exactly it. It just makes more sense to me to put it on the drivers side that you walk up to it with stuff to put in the back area before getting in.

Three door Suburbans have the door on the passenger (curb) side. But, three door Willys' can have the door anywhere you want. Nice work, pops.

I'm still following along. I also like the 3rd door on drivers side for the reason you have. Easier to put stuff in the back.

Latest posts

Back