Finally! A warm weekend!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

A warm weekend, and I got to make something of it! Started when I got home just about lunch time yesterday, washed the wife's Expy and my pickup. Then got to let the Grandson ride his battery 4 wheeler a while, fun!

Got up this morning to cool temps and fog. Waited until about 9AM, then got started. Washed the semi first, then a little temporary house roof repair, then started on the trans mount. Got both pieces cut and ground, then my Pa in law wanted some help spreading some hay around his newly dug pond, so had to quit on the car. After spreading about 5 bales of hay, went back and marked my holes in the mounts and drilled and ground them. Trial fit was perfect. Sat the trans down on the mount, just where I wanted it. [cl Started measuring for the engine mount cross member, but didn't do any cutting yet. Maybe one day this week.

Felt good to finally accomplish something on the car again. Still a long way to go, but still might be cruising it again by summer if I'm lucky.

A warm weekend, and I got to make something of it! Started when I got home just about lunch time yesterday, washed the wife's Expy and my pickup. Then got to let the Grandson ride his battery 4 wheeler a while, fun!

Got up this morning to cool temps and fog. Waited until about 9AM, then got started. Washed the semi first, then a little temporary house roof repair, then started on the trans mount. Got both pieces cut and ground, then my Pa in law wanted some help spreading some hay around his newly dug pond, so had to quit on the car. After spreading about 5 bales of hay, went back and marked my holes in the mounts and drilled and ground them. Trial fit was perfect. Sat the trans down on the mount, just where I wanted it. [cl Started measuring for the engine mount cross member, but didn't do any cutting yet. Maybe one day this week.

Felt good to finally accomplish something on the car again. Still a long way to go, but still might be cruising it again by summer if I'm lucky.
:D Most places I have lived, that means a pretty blue tarp. Sure beats a leak in the kitchen.

Dang Skip, you watching me? Right on both blue tarp and over the kitchen!

E man, been wet or cold or both here the last month or so. Not unusual for this time of year, but a pia anyway.

Dang Skip, you watching me? Right on both blue tarp and over the kitchen!

E man, been wet or cold or both here the last month or so. Not unusual for this time of year, but a pia anyway.
:D If you are not doing anything wrong, Comrade, you have nothing to worry about. Just don't steal the tarp that's protecting important car parts.

Latest posts

Back