A rather large weather vane

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corsair

In my travels last weekend, I spotted this:

Location is close to Carman, Manitoba.

Lots of work to get the wind direction. It does function, I noted it move quite easily with a gust of wind, so someone put some engineering into it. :)

Thanks for sharing Corsair. (Reference to the aircraft?)

I question the wisdom, however. I'd want to be "upwind" when the storm winds blow... nothing like a Meteor in the face at 100 MPH. :eek:

Duck!!

Thanks for sharing Corsair. (Reference to the aircraft?)

I question the wisdom, however. I'd want to be "upwind" when the storm winds blow... nothing like a Meteor in the face at 100 MPH. :eek:

Oh you meant the car....

Attachments

• meteor.jpg
    meteor.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 9
I have three unrelated observations.
The centre of gravity is too far ahead to be an engineless car so there could easily be a 312 hiding up there.

Dang, I need those front fenders for my Meteor Rideau.

Getting hit in the face by either of those meteors would be annoying.

Thank you Corsair for the reminisce. My high-school car was a pink 56 Meteor Rideau. It is still in the Caragana bushes on my nephews farm, 3/4 of a mile from me.
Dr. C, it has been uncommonly warm here; no frost in the ground yet, +10* C 48-50* F during the day.

With only fear and good judgement holding me back, I'd remove the drivetrain and anything else considered "dead weight." (Looks like the diff has been removed and I'll keep my tongue on the 312. :p)

Unusually warm, for sure. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Latest posts

Back