Floor material / body mounts?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Hello all......I have a couple of questions, and being a relative "newbie", I thought I'd ask for some advice.

I really only have one build under my belt, a Model A Tudor. Original steel body, and I used 3/4 marine plywood for the floor, and some very firm rubber for the body/frame connection. It works well, little to no squeaks and no annoying amount of road noise - it does have insulation and carpet as well.

My question is - now that I'm beginning my Graham Rat Rod project - I see most are using steel for floor material - are there any noise issues? Any recommendations for body mounts?

Thanks in advance......Bill.

body mounts = hockey pucks with a 1/2 inch hole drilled through them, they are cheap and make one hell of a body mount

you can use 1x1 to frame out the floor then lay flat 18 guage on top of it... use 1/4 inch plate for the body mount, welded to 1x1...

as far as noise goes, sound deadener material like fat mat keeps the road noise down and helps with the heat, then you can lay some foam and carpet over that

body mounts = hockey pucks with a 1/2 inch hole drilled through them, they are cheap and make one hell of a body mount

they also will split and are illegal in most states! You can find universal body mounts at most suspension places. Or just use off the shelf S10, ranger, f150, dodge pickup mount sets. Or a 1/2" ruber strip that you can cut into squares will work.

I lifted a couple of these high density rubber pucks from my work then drilled holes through them and threaded a threaded pipe through it. Thats how I made my dads body lift for his ford, and I used them on my lifted chevy to support under the bed.

Latest posts

Back