32 Ford Truck Rat Rod Build- Start to Now

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
suspension assembly

Finally starting to put things back together for the final time...got the rearend in and all set up...centered in frame and pinion angle set...started to assemble the front end...it may be a rod yet:):):)

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 80
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 72
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 73
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 76
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 72
  • s7.jpg
    s7.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 79
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 80
Great work on the frame...I like how you blocked off the threw holes for paint...very creative! Looking forward to watching more progress...keep up the good work.

Making Progress!!

I got the front suspension installed today,squared it up to the frame,set the axle at 7 degrees caster,tightened everything up,mounted the spindles,packed all the bearings,installed the rotors and set the toe in at 1/8...in theory it should go down the road straight as an arrow???!!!....lots more to do so maybe I'll watch the Daytona 500 in the garage and try and get some more work done tommorrow....never built a drop axle rod from the ground up before...lots of little things to do....but I'm havin fun!!!:D:)

Attachments

• s9.jpg
    s9.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 75
  • s16.jpg
    s16.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 67
  • s15.jpg
    s15.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 83
  • s14.jpg
    s14.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 81
  • s13.jpg
    s13.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 74
  • s12.jpg
    s12.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 78
  • s11.jpg
    s11.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 73
  • s10.jpg
    s10.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 75
  • s8.jpg
    s8.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 79
  • s7.jpg
    s7.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 84
Hi,
I just noticed you're in Saskatchewan, A good buddy of mine called
Mark Woodhouse emigrated there a few years back. Now I realise it's a big place but ya never know !!
Pete, UK.

Hi,
I just noticed you're in Saskatchewan, A good buddy of mine called
Mark Woodhouse emigrated there a few years back. Now I realise it's a big place but ya never know !!
Pete, UK.

I'm sorry Pete, I thought I knew all 52 people that lived in Saskatchewan but I haven't heard of him...maybe I'll see him at our provincial reunion..:D:D:D:rolleyes:...p.s. where does he live now?

LOL :D
Well he relocated to Saskatchewan about 5 years ago, his intention was to breed Labrador dogs and do some part time Auto repair work. He ran his own BMW service center when he lived here. See, the thing is... I aint got no idea how large (or small for that matter) your local is but I thought I'd mention it just in case, ya never know eh !! The world's getting to be a smaller place all the time.[S: :D:D
Right then, I'll go sit back in the corner, where were we, oh yeah, super cool 32 Truck wasn't it, please continue [P:eek:

LOL :D
Well he relocated to Saskatchewan about 5 years ago, his intention was to breed Labrador dogs and do some part time Auto repair work. He ran his own BMW service center when he lived here. See, the thing is... I aint got no idea how large (or small for that matter) your local is but I thought I'd mention it just in case, ya never know eh !! The world's getting to be a smaller place all the time.[S: :D:D
Right then, I'll go sit back in the corner, where were we, oh yeah, super cool 32 Truck wasn't it, please continue [P:eek:

Hey Pete..do you know what town or city he relocated to?...maybe he owes you money and I can locate him and collect it for you...you know what I mean:D:D:D

Didn't get any work done on the 32 today....Watched the Daytona 500....lucky rookie...my guy crashed near the end of the race ,then I had to go load the harley and take it to my buddy's place so he can take it down to Arizona for me...got a trip planned to go there towards the end of march and go riding for 10 days. Lookin forward to some warmer weather...-30 here tonight so far and gettin colder.....should be able to work on the rod tomorrow and hopefully get something done.

Funny thing about that world gettin' small.....eh? :D

I just happened on this site after googling "42 Ford Rat Rod". Then I see your ride and you're in SK too. Whereabouts? GREAT fab skills on the frame - really impressive. I've been in the bodywork biz/now hobby for 35 years but have never done fab to that extent - until soon. The outlaws have a farm in Porcupine Plain and there's a 42 Ford truck in the bush and a 76 351 Windsor to go along with it. I wanted to pull it home (s'toon) for the past couple summers - but had many other projects on the go. This year maybe fer sure. I'll be using your build for my inspiration - especially that massive frame Zee!

Couple questions if I may:
- where'd you get the seats? - what's the grille from? - why the hoops instead of running the frame horns to the front spring perch? (I'm guessing it's the cool factor, but thought I'd ask!)
- cheers!
Thanks for posting up so many great pics!

My site: www.E-tekRestorations.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back