32 Ford Truck Rat Rod Build- Start to Now

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats on the win man.. always nice to get positive feed back on something you have poured alot of work into....

whens the next one start????

Exhaust

:(Well I couldn't get it quiet enough to drive on the street so i had to do some modifications to my machine gun exhaust....I cut the pipes off and welded them to some block hugger headers and ran a full exhaust system to the rear with some silver bullet mufflers and made machine gun tailpipes....I still retained the look but made it alot more public friendly to drive...I've put a 1000 miles on it so far and it's a blast...no painted car is this much fun...I've got a little interior work left to do next...pretty basic..I'll finish it right away as well.

Attachments

• ca19.jpg
    ca19.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 72
  • ca2.jpg
    ca2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 62
  • ca20.jpg
    ca20.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 67
  • ca21.jpg
    ca21.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 61
  • ca5.jpg
    ca5.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 60
  • ca3.jpg
    ca3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ca6.jpg
    ca6.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 51
  • ca7.jpg
    ca7.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ca14.jpg
    ca14.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 57
  • ca1.jpg
    ca1.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 82
Interior Upgrades

The interior was a little to Rattty so I made some panels and covered them in burlap. I made kick panels ,one for under the dash and one for the firewall to close everything in...I made a set of cup holders machine gun style and mounted a set of drivin speakers through and old cd player that's hid behind the seat...I had an old assassins flag that I glued to a thin piece of plywood for the headliner to finish things off....I would say it's done...just gunna drive the wheels off it and have some fun.:)

Attachments

• ca12.jpg
    ca12.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 82
  • ca15.jpg
    ca15.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 74
  • ca13.jpg
    ca13.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 83
  • ca11.jpg
    ca11.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 85
  • ca18.jpg
    ca18.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 82
  • ca17.jpg
    ca17.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 83
  • ca16.jpg
    ca16.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 72
  • ca10.jpg
    ca10.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 82
  • ca9.jpg
    ca9.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 70
  • ca8.jpg
    ca8.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 67
Nice OCC build! air brush murals, machine gun theme EVERYWHERE, fake exhaust and a show car to boot! It was a killer build up to that point with a ton of awesome fab work. but then again you are driving yours and I am not driving mine so I guess I am the lame one... Back to the shop!

Fantastic truck. I just read this entire thread and now I may get fired for not working but I will go with a smile on my face.

Man o man, this thing is awesome! Love the theme, the proportions. All in all top notch! Great work!

Mac.

From Your new rat building friend in watrous.

Hey looks great!!!!! love your frame and chop. hey im lookin for a box still if you know of one please let me know. Keep up the great work.

Should get some video posted of this thig in action :)

I"ll see what I can do as far as getting some video up for it...too busy drivin it!!!..Update:..put on about 4000 miles,went to as many runs and cruizes that I had time to attend,Picked up some hardware,Did a pinup calander with it for 2012,Canadian Rodder did a feature on it for an upcoming magazine issue and I have been driving it almost everyday weather permitting...and it is STILL THE MOST FUN THAT YOU CAN HAVE THAT ISN"T ILLEGAL.:):):)...Here is a couple of pics I took at the calender shoot...the magazine shoot I can't release any pics of until after publication....It has been a great summer and this little truck has wore out more cameras than I can count....and it has no paint!!!Unbelievable the attention it gets????It's been a Blast!!!

Attachments

• CIMG0663.JPG
    CIMG0663.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 141
  • CIMG0684.JPG
    CIMG0684.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG0685.JPG
    CIMG0685.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 155
  • CIMG0633.JPG
    CIMG0633.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 160
  • CIMG0638.JPG
    CIMG0638.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 168
I"ll see what I can do as far as getting some video up for it...too busy drivin it!!!..Update:..put on about 4000 miles,went to as many runs and cruizes that I had time to attend,Picked up some hardware,Did a pinup calander with it for 2012,Canadian Rodder did a feature on it for an upcoming magazine issue and I have been driving it almost everyday weather permitting...and it is STILL THE MOST FUN THAT YOU CAN HAVE THAT ISN"T ILLEGAL.:):):)...Here is a couple of pics I took at the calender shoot...the magazine shoot I can't release any pics of until after publication....It has been a great summer and this little truck has wore out more cameras than I can count....and it has no paint!!!Unbelievable the attention it gets????It's been a Blast!!!

That's because this thing is badass!! And you did one helluva job building it!!! Awesome work bro!!!!!

Farm Shoot

Here's a pic of the 32 the photographer took at the farm shoot for the calender that she sent me that I thought looked pretty cool...I think I'll enlarge and get it framed...It kinda as that antique'y look thing going....I like it..:):cool:

Attachments

• Farm_shoot_2011_632.jpg
    Farm_shoot_2011_632.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back