Anybody from Russia Out There?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeaverMatt

I'm looking for a set of gauges similar to what is in the picture - oil pressure, temp, volts (or amps) - that are in Russian instead of English. Is there such a thing?

Attachments

• CP00015__TRIPLE_AUTO_RACING_GAUGES_SET.jpg
    CP00015__TRIPLE_AUTO_RACING_GAUGES_SET.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 26
I'm looking for a set of gauges similar to what is in the picture - oil pressure, temp, volts (or amps) - that are in Russian instead of English. Is there such a thing?

A suggestion if you don't get an answer: If you found a good sign painter, they could repaint the letter for you in russian? Or get a decal made?

Most of the Russians that come around here are usually hawking purses, cheep sunglasses, ED pills etc! :eek:

Beercan

Kamaz

Goto ebay and search for Kamaz gauges, Lada gauges, or any other Russian made vehicle.

Thanks for the tip on Kamaz. I wasn't aware of that name. Several gauges, but they are electric and didn't show the sending units. Since I'm not highly concerned with accuracy, do you think American sending units might work?

Thanks for the tip on Kamaz. I wasn't aware of that name. Several gauges, but they are electric and didn't show the sending units. Since I'm not highly concerned with accuracy, do you think American sending units might work?

Usually the sending unit and gauge have to be matched, but you might be able to to take the faces and put them on your gauges.

i just want to know how you take them gauges apart to change the face, without taking a hammer to it. i tried in my younger days and it didn't work out to well. i haven't really thought about it since.

I use a dremmel with a cut off wheel. It's delicate destruction. I also made sure the guts donors have screw on faceplates. That way you can just drill a couple screw holes and attach the guts. (I've only done this 3 times and they were large gauges)

are you using glue to put them back together? thanks for the info, i'll look into it as i have the gears rolling now.

On my F100 tach, I think I cut up the side of the back cup and did some careful prying to get it apart. When I put it back together, I just taped up the hole to keep dust out. The mechanism is only attached to the face plate.

i did a little reading on taking them apart and a oyster knife seems to be the best tool for the job. i think i'm gonna try one, well after i find a oyster knife that is.

Latest posts

Back