T-Bucket door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akzale

Hey guys, I got great info on channeling my bucket and glassing in the floor, but now I'm looking to cut a door in the passenger side. Care to share any tips, tricks or secrets? I didn't know I would be cutting in a door when I installed the wood, so it wasn't placed in the most convenient places. I have to install more now to support the edges of the door (I'm assuming) and the hinges and latch. Should I install it to straddle the cut line, or on each side of it? And how much room should I give it on each side?

Hey guys, I got great info on channeling my bucket and glassing in the floor, but now I'm looking to cut a door in the passenger side. Care to share any tips, tricks or secrets? I didn't know I would be cutting in a door when I installed the wood, so it wasn't placed in the most convenient places. I have to install more now to support the edges of the door (I'm assuming) and the hinges and latch. Should I install it to straddle the cut line, or on each side of it? And how much room should I give it on each side?

I did an article on the NTBA club site about a year ago, on opening a door in a glass T body. Ben if you have a question give me a call

http://www.nationaltbucketalliance.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1088

I was thinking of cutting a door into mine until I rode in a buddy's bucket. The door gap kept pinching my arm when we went over a bump. Not saying all of them are that way, but it is hard to get one to fit and work like a steel body would have.

Don

Ron, good pics of what you did and I like the idea of attaching the hinges before cutting the door out. How much reinforcement did you end up doing on the door panel? And do you see any additional flexing in the door area?

I used the 1" sq tube and set it with bondo, then 2 layers of glass over that. It was pretty stiff. As Don mentioned it would still pinch your arm .

Oh! Here comes the dumb question!! If I'm putting the door in on the passengers side, and it will be hinged in the front, do I need a RH or LH door latch??[S

Latest posts

Back