Body question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostedcleveland

What do most do around. Build the body to bolt on weld all to chassis.. I'm building a 31 Nash. With tube chassis. I am going to drag this car some and thought about welding it all on.I have the body built with alot of support in it and built to bolt on. I was thinking once I paint frame and bot body back on, I could then go back and weld it on also for extra support. What y'all think

I don't like the bodies welded on as they will have a tendency to crack the welds.

If it's welded in more points than just at the mounts, that should spread out the the stress points and reduce the chances of any cracking, I would think....
Basically it becomes a unibody car, combining the strengths (or weaknesses ?) of both the body and frame.

Its not a big deal. I have it made with six mounting tabs on each side of the frame. But I'm putting a full roll cage in it so I figured since the body can not be taken off weld it in too. All the strength I can get. Motor is putting out about 800 HP.

Latest posts

Back