Moving body back

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonegonzo

I'm building a 50 Chevy fenderless " bobber" hot rod truck . I have a NOVA front clip on the front of the chassis and am ready to cut and add the rear frame stub . Looking at the body in relation to the front wheels , they look too close to the firewall making that distance appear out of whack .

Another reader remembers someone with the same problem moving the cab of their pickup back . If any of you have any advice or ideas on this , I'd appreciate it .

The cab is now stripped so placement of the steering shaft and pedals will come later .

thx
Gonzo

I'm building a 50 Chevy fenderless " bobber" hot rod truck . I have a NOVA front clip on the front of the chassis and am ready to cut and add the rear frame stub . Looking at the body in relation to the front wheels , they look too close to the firewall making that distance appear out of whack .

Another reader remembers someone with the same problem moving the cab of their pickup back . If any of you have any advice or ideas on this , I'd appreciate it .

The cab is now stripped so placement of the steering shaft and pedals will come later .

thx
Gonzo

Move it back and take a look at it. That's why so many people on here do some sort of a mock up. As long as you are happy with the preportions it should be fine.
Torchie.

thx
Gonzo

If you move the cab back you will have an open space between the back of the engine and the fire wall - which won't look to cool - and the wheels will still be in the wrong location . Hardly ever see a bobber style PU with an IFS .

I'm working with what I have for the summer of 2014 . I'm building a new frame while driving the truck and enjoying it .

The engine / drivetrain will be moved back to proper distance from the firewall .

Right now it's just a body and the frame .

Gonzo

My avatar is a 52-53 ish fenderless Chevy truck...mine is sitting on the frame it came with but I z'ed it front and back, 9" front I think and 11" back...fenderless with a stock type beam axle in the front.... it is for sale if you are interested. All is need s now is some wiring...I am ran out of steam on it...

Oh yeah the cab is moved back about 6" from the stock location.

MikeC

Latest posts

Back