1934 Auburn build....my way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liking the rear light set-up and the patches will do fine. Please pass our thoughts on to the father in law for a speedy recovery!

been slow around the shop. school coming to a close and no $$$$$$ to spend.
I did manage to get some done.
I got the rear floor pan partially cut and fit. I raised the floor approx. 4 inches to accommodate the frame that had been moved in by the previous owner. I also did my measuring and calculating for the back seat I plan to use. I fit the 4 in perlin in and I fabbed the floor panel to fit. I plan to finish the welding on Thursday. Not much to report, but something is better than nothing.

Attachments

• rear floor pan 030.jpg
    rear floor pan 030.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 48
  • rear floor pan 031.jpg
    rear floor pan 031.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 48
14 ga. material. Cheaper for some reason than 16 this round. I have to nurse the purse strings so money can be squeezed out. Maybe a little heavy, but heck, at least the old caddy motor will kind of feel needed. I am just doing what I can with what I have and can afford for now.
Thanks fellows for the words of encouragement.

Last edited:
Looking good. Better a little too heavy then a little too thin.:eek:
Right there with you on the budget as well. I am Trying to sell off some spare parts to raise the money to buy the part that I do need.:)
keep at it.
Torchie

Looking good. Better a little too heavy then a little too thin.:eek:
Right there with you on the budget as well. I am Trying to sell off some spare parts to raise the money to buy the part that I do need.:)
keep at it.
Torchie

What Torchie said..... when ever I try to sell something it never seems to be
worth anything but when I bought it it was worth it's weight in gold:(:(:(

Got some new used seats at lkq this weekend and got new mounts built. I also started on the shifter /console and have it removable and will get to the hook up maybe today.

progress has slowed down to a crawl..........we had a water pipe in the attic bust so, we are drying out in two rooms, no kitchen or utility and cant get a plumber here until noon today [3 days no water makes one stinking weekend] LOL
Insurance man coming today and I can for see a remod of momma's kitchen probably. Oh well, when life gives you lemons, add some sweet and make lemonade. LOL. Just pray for favor from God with us. [cl

I will try and post some pics when things gets back to limited chaos instead of full blown disaster area.

Keep plugging on it.
Sorry you've got plumbing problems.
Been there and done that. Our little leak ruined all the wood flooring and carpet on the bottom floor and cost me a kitchen remodel too.

It's all a test to see what you're made of and how you can handle stress.
Hang in there Brother.

not a lot getting done, but a little progress. seat mounts and a shifter mounted. I had to cover and hide the cable, so that is what I came up with. I plan to fit cup holder in front of shifter I think.

Attachments

• seat contrruction 003.jpg
    seat contrruction 003.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 45
  • shifter console mount.jpg
    shifter console mount.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 43
Thanks fellas. I plan to get an aluminum dash cut out in a day or so and fit it up. Next will be a set of digital gauges I traded for [new] and I will be feeling up town. Who knows, some day I may get to actually test drive it. LOL.

not a lot getting done, but a little progress. seat mounts and a shifter mounted. I had to cover and hide the cable, so that is what I came up with. I plan to fit cup holder in front of shifter I think.
It looks like quite a bit from my point of view [cl [P [P [P

I suppose it all about what perspective I am viewing from. I want to get it done and on the road. My "wallet "says we need to look more, spend less and keep on the sunny side. I appreciate all of the encouragement from you guys I call "my RRR family". thanks. :cool:

Latest posts

Back