'65 Rover Half Cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The windshield frame is galvanized steel and had no finish on it originally. I used metal prep on it then washed it and shot it with etching primer. Along the bottom is a 1/8" by 2 1/2" piece filled with holes. It is welded to the windshield frame and is the lower mounting piece and is needed because the windshield will no longer fold forward.
I'm thinking a visor might look good.

Very nice Bob...

Not sure on the visor...[S Think it might have to be rather squared off to follow the body lines and such...but I'm not real good at standing back and seeing it complete in my mind's eye....but you and some of the others seem to have that down to a science...I have to real work at that...Looks really nice [cl

I'm liking the direction of this. I'd of probably just put a bronco II under it, lack of vision on my part.

Personally I dislike visors...maybe it is because I'm a muscle car era kid and not a 50's sled kinda guy...I think I like it just the way it is...[P

Nothing too dramatic to show. The whole box area is now sheeted in. There will be a hard cover on it eventually.
I bought my son's '27 roadster and brought it home over the weekend. It sat for 3 years so the carb was gummed up from ethanol laden gas. I cleaned the carb (Edelbrock) by boiling it in a 50-50 mix of lemon juice and water. It cleaned good but not great. Threw a kit in it and it is running well.

This morning I had cataract surgery on one eye (mid-May for the other one) so I didn't get much done. It's amazing what the medical profession can do to keep us old guys functioning.

To all the visor dislikers: I tried a few ideas and they all looked like poo-poo. Looks like no visor is the way to go.

This morning I had cataract surgery on one eye (mid-May for the other one) so I didn't get much done. It's amazing what the medical profession can do to keep us old guys functioning.

To all the visor dislikers: I tried a few ideas and they all looked like poo-poo. Looks like no visor is the way to go.

Good luck with the eyeball tune-ups.

....and I'm really glad you didn't like the visor.

Hey Todd, I did post it in the RRR member rides thread. Here's different view. A true rat roadster. Unfortunately it is glass. But lots of fun to tool around in. It was a father/son project about 13 years ago.

Hey Todd, I did post it in the RRR member rides thread. Here's different view. A true rat roadster. Unfortunately it is glass. But lots of fun to tool around in. It was a father/son project about 13 years ago.

Gee Bob .. if you don't like the glass I would gladly take it away for you. :) Pretty neat looking ride in my eyes.

Good luck with the cataract surgery .. it may well give you a whole new outlook on things.

Latest posts

Back