street legal jalopy/vintage fenderless oval race car 1940lSH MOPAR tribute to DAD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more

a bunch of little things but they add up to progress.

more wiring was done yesterday and the master cylinder pieces finally showed today so now l can bleed the brakes to make her mobile.

the plastic reservoir is a common problem as these age, so no big surprise mine was cracked around the bottom where it seals to the main body.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• Tilton-74SeriesMC_1.jpg
    Tilton-74SeriesMC_1.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 5
  • til74-204.jpg
    til74-204.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 5
street legal jalopy made our first cruz'in tonight!!!!

finally after month's of delay she made it the show tonight.

first test drive was up and down the county road, no windshield and strapped the doors shut with bungee chords and drove with open headers.

with no interior, no floor in the passenger side an nothing between the trunk and you to block sound it's a fun ride.:eek:

Later :cool:

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 35
finally after month's of delay she made it the show tonight.

first test drive was up and down the county road, no windshield and strapped the doors shut with bungee chords and drove with open headers.

with no interior, no floor in the passenger side an nothing between the trunk and you to block sound it's a fun ride.:eek:

I like it!

Did you scare any small children or shiny car guys with it? :D

result

I like it!

Did you scare any small children or shiny car guys with it? :D

hacked off a few of the mopar purists:D

there one 70+ guy who l have known forever & thinks his poop don't stink and his stuff is "pristine" so l make a point of parking my junk next to his silver truck that is in the pics.:p

the kids like to sit in it and 9O% of the folks really like it.

we had a blast last night, nothing like debuting a new car at the first official cruz'in of the year:D:D:D

there one 70+ guy who l have known forever & thinks his poop don't stink and his stuff is "pristine" so l make a point of parking my junk next to his silver truck that is in the pics.:p

we had a blast last night, nothing like debuting a new car at the first official cruz'in of the year:D:D:D

Awesome! Yeah, that guy's truck is purdy, but your rod is bitchin' !!! :D

Great minds think alike. :D Give me a holler if you are going to make it to Beach's at PIR some time this summer. I want to sit in it.

I like the way you think Skull.[cl Mine gets that reaction a lot, mostly from "El Camino" people.
Have a good cruising season. :D

todays stuff

new mufflers, brospeed ones designed for a 4 cylinder Honda cars, l figure 2 mufflers, one on each bank the 4 popper one's will work fine.

l have to modify the gas tank inlet, where it is l can't get a gas pump head in the darn limited space--solution--race car fast fuel push in style, hose ran to the tank and a chrome waterneck attached for fuel filling area on the top of the tank. kinda gives her a more racey car look.

headlights were driving me nuts trying to figure out the stands and look 0K, problem solved by a pair of bicycle training wheel attachment braces, remove the wheels and perfect fit.

tomorrow off to the exhaust shop [cl tired of deafening myself when l start it--darn, l must be getting old[S

Attachments

• DSC02599.jpg
    DSC02599.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC02600.jpg
    DSC02600.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC02601.jpg
    DSC02601.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC02602.jpg
    DSC02602.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC02603.jpg
    DSC02603.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC02605.jpg
    DSC02605.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02606.jpg
    DSC02606.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02608.jpg
    DSC02608.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC02611.jpg
    DSC02611.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02610.jpg
    DSC02610.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 21
I dun'no. Big shiny chrome thingies on both ends of the car might confuse people. :D

Clever use of available materials for the headlight risers. Like!

Nice chatting with ya this afternoon.

h # m b

I dun'no. Big shiny chrome thingies on both ends of the car might confuse people. :D

Clever use of available materials for the headlight risers. Like!

Nice chatting with ya this afternoon.

trying to make the "other" web site happy with me:rolleyes:

see ya this summer,

shop

allright[cl

muffler/exhaust guy is one nice guy. got the car dropped off today and wednesday l go help him get it on the car, SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH quite is good, well, not too quite.

Attachments

• DSC02614.jpg
    DSC02614.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC02615.jpg
    DSC02615.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
skull, you did a fantastic job on this build. I didn't think it would turn out thiw good. Shows ya what I know.

Gotta feel good to get it out in the public eye.

skull, you did a fantastic job on this build. I didn't think it would turn out thiw good. Shows ya what I know.

Gotta feel good to get it out in the public eye.

my fab/welder and l put a ton of work in her and there is bunch of little stuff now.

on the car the two things l kinda don't like is where the rear tires ended up close to the door. however, the whole car is compromise to get it to fit the chassis since the chassis was NEVER EVER designed to go with this body style & the H E I distributer is tucked up under the cowl and kinda hard to get at. .[;)

little stuff

got the exhaust done wednesday and starting to fix the door hinges today.

the door panels are getting put in the drivers side, a simple piece of aluminum sheeting to cover the sharp edges, nothing to fancy just functional.

Attachments

• DSC02616.jpg
    DSC02616.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC02617.jpg
    DSC02617.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02620.jpg
    DSC02620.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC02623.jpg
    DSC02623.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02624.jpg
    DSC02624.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02630.jpg
    DSC02630.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02631.jpg
    DSC02631.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC02632.jpg
    DSC02632.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 26
Door panel/street sign

''Door panel/street sign supplied by Midnight Auto Supply?''

nope, we have surplus store that sells all the old state/county stuff and the place sells these when they have them for scrap weight so l grab'em when the store has 'em.

Latest posts

Back