1928 reo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the front Z 90% done tonight. Its almost level now with the stock front susp. Will start framing the inside next week to get ready to drop the body. Then move to the front air suspension.

Got the body down tonight. Started building the floor structure and set it all down on some tube welded to the bottom of frame to make sure it stayed level. Soooo much left to do but at least this work gives me immediate visual results to keep me motivated. I had to tweak the bottom of the cowl out to clear the frame. Is that common?

So I temporarily put some smaller tires and spacers on to see it aired out. I picked up a 12 bolt from a fullsize Chevy that Ill be putting in as soon as I rebuild it. The axle is a few inches wider than this one and should help when I fit the big tires.I need to move the body about 2 inches forward to center the rear wheels. I like how its coming together but it will be a couple inches higher with the big tires.

Awesome car man and your another fellow western masser! definitely don't see these to often. Looks much better now that it's lowered, how much you gunna chop it?

-Chris

CAM00310_zpsa86b2116.jpg

That motor mount was definitely sketchy. Yikes.

That's going to be a sweet car, and I love that you're going to use those big meats!

Damn thats a horrible motor mount, someone had no idea what they were doing. Makes you wonder some times...

i think a 3 inch chop will look good and leave you with head room.

-Chris

I wouldn't be afraid of that steering arm, it is one rugged piece . Looks like it is coming along nice. on the chop make sure you fit and you can see the traffic lights.

That's a 89-95 2wd Toyota pickup. At least those were the years listed on the ebay add. About seeing traffic lights.... A guy I know around town has a Hemi powered 33 Plymouth with a chopped roof. He has this prismatic looking thing on his dash to see the stop lights. Does anyone know what they called it?

Made some quick mounts for the radiator shell. Had to see what it was evolving into. I really like how my first Rat is going to look. Cant wait to see it with the rear tires on it. Will finish up the front arms tomorrow night and maybe bend the steering arms and build tie rod.

Got some larger tires also. These are at least tubeless with a much stiffer sidewall. Should work better than the McCrearys'

I'd really like to see the beginning of this thread, but all the pictures are showing absent from photobucket.
:-(
-Chaz

Latest posts

Back