51 Willys Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent a little time on the Willys last night. I'm swapping in an Ididit non-tilt column because I really don't need the tilt in there and prefer the simpler cleaner look of the straight column. I also made a set of cup holders for it after I spilled coffee all over driving to work the other day. The cup holders are aluminum pistons from a 27 Dodge Victory Six that my buddy had. I machined them out enough to get cups in.

cup%2Bholders%2B1.JPG

cup%2Bholders%2B2.JPG

Shame on you Willy! Do ya know how many faux gators gave their hides for that console???[ddd:D...all kidding aside, nice work on the cups holders and console!

Hummmm... i posted twice. ..
Once before. .. then i have this GREAT IDEAL ...
then i think..?.....I've read this thread before. .
So ?
Did i have a great ideal or not..???
Or my subconscious mind is taking over ?
Or ????
Geezer hood is accelerating. ...?
I must give this careful thought...
I might forget again...

It's ok to use others ideas or concepts.....

Hummmm... i posted twice. ..
Once before. .. then i have this GREAT IDEAL ...
then i think..?.....I've read this thread before. .
So ?
Did i have a great ideal or not..???
Or my subconscious mind is taking over ?
Or ????
Geezer hood is accelerating. ...?
I must give this careful thought...
I might forget again...

Lord knows that is what this site is for....sharing of ideas....thoughts....didn't a wise man once say...ahhh....What the heck did he say???? I forgot....[S

Glad you like the stuff I've put in my build, it's been a lot of fun using that kind of stuff! Sounds like if you wait a bit you can enjoy having the idea again:D

I decided to change out my overflow bottle to a clear one so that I can see the level of the coolant in it.

overflow.JPG

It's all padded with cork and there was a bottle there for the last couple of years that did fine. Just changed it out to clear so I think I should be OK.:)

I've got a jim beam bottle on my car and the only time i had any issues with it were when i over tightened in. came out the next morning and it was in pieces. real shame, i had to go drink another bottle of whiskey.

Latest posts

Back