around the shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent work indeed! the high speed sander you are using is it electric or pneumatic ?

excellent work indeed! the high speed sander you are using is it electric or pneumatic ?

it is a pneumatic high speed sander. i make and sell an adapter to put a DA pad on a high speed sander. it makes things way easier and you can use the same abrasives for the sander and your DA

Last edited:
back to some good progress on the RPU. we stretched the rear of the chassis to help support the bed. ten mocked up a model T bed to get the idea of the stance on the truck. starting to look pretty good

then i got a crazy idea to do an all aluminum bed that is a close version of a factory be. here is the pass. side roughed in

should be able to get a lot more done in the next few days on the bed

its not to bad in the shop. just busy lol

here is todays progress. got the rear bed wall roughed in and cleco'd in.

started working on stake pockets

here is the over look for the day

to get that roll. after i bend up the hat channel that makes up the pocket. i cut the out side face off where the roll where be. then anneal and stretch the edge to until it fits the shape of the bed. then weld the face cap back on and sand smooth.

to get that roll. after i bend up the hat channel that makes up the pocket. i cut the out side face off where the roll where be. then anneal and stretch the edge to until it fits the shape of the bed. then weld the face cap back on and sand smooth.

Thanks, that seems obvious after you explain it, but I didn't see it before.

a little more progress. aluminum bed almost all roughed in. not to decide if i should make a new aluminum tail gate, or run the nice original one....... to many decisions

started helping out Joshua Shaw on some sheet metal work on a custom 1941 Packard Darrin town car.

here is the goal of the build

started on the passenger front door skin. put all the shape in the panel with the English wheel, then tipped the edges over on the bead roller

I'm thinking if I take a weeks vacation, work for Cornfield for free 8 hours during the day, then maybe get 1/2 hour in the evening for tutorials...;)[P

Latest posts

Back