Landscraper - 2wd Landcruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
I can't throw anything away. I am re-building the Toyota FJ60 parts car that is being used for my daughter's Toyota FJ40. All of the 4x4 stuff is being removed and the bare frame and body are being recycled as a 2wd.

IMG_7063 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7064 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7065 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7066 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7067 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7068 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7071 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

IMG_7072 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

What I have in mind. Did I mention that my 76 year old dad wants this built for him?
big wheels by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Last edited:
To get the lowered stance, I plan on swapping in the front and rear suspensions from a jaguar XJS (the same car that gave up the red body panels on Roofus). I am hoping that since the jag was a heavy fat pig, the spring rates will be close enough to work on the station wagon.

Wheels will be some sort of cheap 20's that come off of craigslist. Jags use the chevy 5x4.75 bolt pattern.

For power, I'm guessing that a 350/350 chevy combo will be used (the motor in the LC was blown up when I got it).

That build will fit just fine Flipper.
You know the we welcome the unusual on this site.[cl
Just hope that your Dad doesn't start wanting to live the "Gangsta" life style as well. :eek: :D
Build on.....[P [P [P
Torchie.

Going back this week to rob the 4x4 stuff...and with a little luck, be rolling on these.

IMG_0248-1.jpg

That will look sick, reminds me of a Land Rover village customs built and he is building a jeep wagoner now. Both of them on the ground and look badass

That will look sick, reminds me of a Land Rover village customs built and he is building a jeep wagoner now. Both of them on the ground and look badass

I looked up their stuff. ....more radical than what I'm shooting for. They try to get the top of the tires to show through the windows.

I want it to look low, but still be driveable (5-6" at the rockers?). I want to be able to drive it to Florida or Bonneville if the urge hits.

A landcruiser of this era is the last of the "safari trucks". They still have metal dashes and the doors open and close with Mercedes-like precision. I think they are pretty cool already....just need more power and better handling.

Last edited:
My 48 flatbed has a hi-stall converter in it that sucks on the highway. This one is going to have a tighter converter if not a lock-up.

Remember the 25% rule...

need to lose some of that top height and glass....lose the rear quarter glass and now your cookin.....ok...flat or satin paint wouldn't hurt either....and the bags...killer....[P :D

This thing looks like it was meant for jag subframes. Both ends have flat sections where the subframes need to sit.

Latest posts

Back