1934 Auburn build....my way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great job on the carpeting!!!!!!!
Where did you get the rug for the floorboard? It molded in well over the hump.

That's a great job on the carpeting!!!!!!!
Where did you get the rug for the floorboard? It molded in well over the hump.

Looks great! Now you need to find a mid 60's Chevelle or Impala steering wheel to finish the interior.

American upholstery in Tulsa, ok. Glue in with no noticeable grain. It worked in real well with contact cement.

Yes sir on the steering wheel. I got my feelers out looking for a "cool" change.

Ok guys, I got a little done today.
polished the dash and cut to fit the new stereo system I got. My son in law gave me a stainless rose he made at work for the company that didn't pass muster and I polished and mounted it also. I had a glitch with the electronic gauge cluster and had to put a new on in. [side note...intellitronix, inc. replaced it from a phone call and description and sent it out to me before I ever got the other out to replace. I was impressed. lifetime warranty and super people to work with. smaller operation with great people skills. I highly recommend them]
With all of that done, here she is. I still have lots to do, but progress is progress. Headliner and door panels next paycheck as well as hours of "finishing up" stuff.

Attachments

• auburn alum dash 005.jpg
    auburn alum dash 005.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 34
  • auburn alum dash 002.jpg
    auburn alum dash 002.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 31
  • auburn alum dash 003.jpg
    auburn alum dash 003.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 30
probably getting tired of the finish of a shiny ride, but I promised you and myself I would keep it up until the end. Soooo...................
here is the progress since the last check in. I got the hard board installed in the ceiling and got the headliner glued in. I still have to tuck some ends and trim around windows, but have to get the garnish molding painted to fit everything together. I got all of the seats now bolted in and I started measuring and making patterns for the glass. Not much on here, but a good day in the "orphanage shop" in Pensacola, OK.
Thanks for letting me share. [cl [cl

Attachments

• leap year day 005.jpg
    leap year day 005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
  • leap year day 006.jpg
    leap year day 006.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 22
  • leap year day 007.jpg
    leap year day 007.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 23
  • leap year day 008.jpg
    leap year day 008.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 24
I know you guys are a rusty crowd, but I like to sleep in the house with the wife....not the dog house all of the time..............so........here is some more of the interior in the little lady. Sooni will have it done and can get back to the "good stuff" that requires none of this fancy, smancy stuff. Thanks for looking though. is keeps me encouraged.

Attachments

• interior 34 004.jpg
    interior 34 004.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 26
  • interior 34 002.jpg
    interior 34 002.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 29
Just an update. I got the glass all in the little darling and have now completed the majority of the little things. I still have a little touch up on the garnish trim around in the interior, but she is getting real close to being a daily driver for a while. I want to stay close to home to work all of the bugs out. I appreciate all of the encouragement fellows. Thanks for keeping up with this build. [cl

Latest posts

Back