96 GMC rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bama and Eman....

This "new" truck is actually starting to look kinda cool :rolleyes:

I was pleasantly surprised at how it looked with the bed in place....it's about where I wanted....Eman.....its not a 36 or a 46 or a 56 or even a 66....it's a 96 but New???? its not a 2013...LOL.. :D Although [S......:eek:

Sorry for being missing in action.....

Glad to finally see some pics!!! Hows the front coming along though? Didn't see anything showing the headlights......

Headlight and grill area is at a standstill right now....I have only old pics of the headlight buckets mounted in place...and the one attached which is recent.... it shows the narrowed bumper under it ...not sure how I'm going to do the grill....I've been mulling over a number of ideas none of which I really like....has to be a phantom type but not sure exactly how to accomplish it...open for suggestions....

Attachments

• pics for up north 2.jpg
    pics for up north 2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 29
Why not grab a center grille bar from say a 67-68 chevy truck. Mount that in the center and modify the outsides to match your new lighting arraignment. Just a thought

After taking a look at them...

Why not grab a center grille bar from say a 67-68 chevy truck. Mount that in the center and modify the outsides to match your new lighting arraignment. Just a thought

doesn't sound like a bad idea....just have to figure out what to do about the extensions over the headlamps...wish I could draw....trying to image this grill and the slanted buckets....

Attachments

• 67 to 72 grill.bmp
    147.8 KB · Views: 17
Your rides looking good Sarge. The front end is what everyone see coming at them.
So..... The pressure is on.

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

I have seen these new headlight grill assemblies for the C/K's. Personal thought is if I ever found some one driving around with that setup I would have to slap them and scream "WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN?!?!" That has to be one of the most hideous things I have seen on that style truck!

Just my 2 cents.

DR and Neverdone....

I have seen these new headlight grill assemblies for the C/K's. Personal thought is if I ever found some one driving around with that setup I would have to slap them and scream "WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN?!?!" That has to be one of the most hideous things I have seen on that style truck!

Just my 2 cents.

Although I appreciate your thoughts, that set up looks like some kind of bug so I have to agree with ND that i'd smack myself up the head if it looked like that.....I want something unique but not billet looking or some futuristic stuff.....so will continue to do some sole searching to find the proper look....old school but not a copy or pre fab thing....have to keep doodling and see what works....but please don't stop with the suggestions.....I do appreciate the input......:D

Sink the lights and grille in an inch or so and add about 2-3" to the front lip of the hood - so it hangs over the headlights a inch.

Look at grills from he 69-72 Chevys or GMC's.

I like the basic look of the truck...

I also like the idea of a sunken grill.....should be relatively easy to do....just don't want all the glittery stuff....lol....or at least not quite so much....those round grill pieces look like drawer handles from some 50's kitchen....lol ...keep them comin guys....gets the creative juices flowin.....:D

Those round grill pieces look like drawer handles from some 50's kitchen....lol

Uh... they probably are. That was a custom thing back in the 50's-60's.

What I mean about bringing the hood down...
IMGP0794.jpg

Yeah, it's a T-bird, not a truck, but maybe you get the idea.

That looks cool.....

would take some serious reworking to make my fenders and hood come down like that...pie cut central...lol....not sure if I could extend / droop the hood alone ....maybe...add some material to the fender and hood so it appears to extend into the grill area.....?? like a brow.......darn wish I could draw....but I do like the look and I like the bumper and grill area....thanks for sharin......:D

Latest posts

Back