How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow yesterday. to finish off a week that ended up with 46 hours of overtime 5 of which was double time. plus 5 hours this morning. Going down to 7 degrees tonight. The pay check ought to look good next week but it wears you out..

Not bad [S

Attachments

• 241B91E2-0F61-4C81-8FDE-7C8B404C11C3.jpg
    241B91E2-0F61-4C81-8FDE-7C8B404C11C3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 11
Here in Central Tejas it's been HOT!!! We already broke the record for number of consecutive 100+ degree days & it's only July & doesn't look to ease up! Tomorrow & Sunday it's supposed to be 108. Our grass has been scorched & I'm having to feed hay to my cows now! Bummer!!! :eek:

BoB

Hotter than a four balled tomcat around here too!

We had a hot spell in June, then it got back to normal until the last week, since then, it's been more like August than July. Highs in the mid to upper 90's, hit 100 a little while today, and all the humidity to boot. "Air you can wear" the weather guessers say. The past week, it has rained all around me, but all we got was a couple of sprinkles. Got within a mile of me yesterday, but we didn't get anything. My grass is mostly dead, I had two patches of green left, must be an underground stream there. I cut that little bit Wed, didn't touch the rest, and it all looks fresh cut! Last time it was like this we slipped into a drought, according to the latest map, it looks like we're headed there again.

Heat is supposed to slip back west this weekend a bit, and a pretty good chance of a thunderstorm tomorrow afternoon, if we get it. If not, it may be over in late Sept or Oct before we get some beneficial rain. Been watching the farmers crops, not looking good for them around here. Last year they got 4 hay cuttings off a field just about 1/4 mile from me, this year, only two so far, and the third looks iffy.

We had a straight wind ("derecho") come through here on Monday, June 13th, around midnight, then another a few hours later. Electricity was off for 5 days, got it back at around 5:30 PM on Saturday the 18th. No internet until today - it would have been 4 weeks tonight. We finally lost hope for Frontier telephone, and got another provider to come out & install cable. The tech, Matt, was a great guy to work with, patient with my shenanigans running the cable up through a conduit to an upstairs closet.

We had branches broken out of multiple trees all over the place, and one large limb down on top of the house. Fortunately it didn't damage the roof, I think because some smaller ones had fallen on the roof first, which probably cushioned the impact. That big one also broke off from high up on the other side of the tree - a soft Maple - and then it sort of tetered in a V on the house side. It took me most of a Saturday to get that limb down out of the tree. (Didn't even kill myself, either....) Up-rooted a Black Walnut in the back of the lot, about 20" at the base. Still hope to be able to sell that one, but the loggers are super busy, as this storm hit a really wide area.

4" of the white stuff due tonight. Another 14"-16" forecast for Wed. and Thur. Cold too. But that's better than wet, sticky snow that clogs the snowblower.

We've been getting little snows every day for the last few. It has amounted to probably 3-4", though. It was around or above freezing last week, this week we're looking at -24°C for mid-week highs then back up to freezing for highs next weekend.

Our weather is all over the place27F now but a few days ago it was 70F. Only 0.8" of snow this entire winter. In S CT this is very different. Jim

Attachments

• 10.89.244.143_IPC_main_20230222062929.jpg
    10.89.244.143_IPC_main_20230222062929.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2
No bikinis around here, but temps are running around 10-20 degrees above average with southerly winds and clouds blowing through. Early spring? I dunno, the ground is saturated, so will still be a while before I can sink a plow in the ground.

Looks like you guys in the northern regions are gonna get hammered with a winter storm all week. Good luck and stay warm!

Latest posts

Back