'48 Olds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, what a cool pic!! Would make a poster for sure--Maybe a Christmas card er something..

Carry a print of that in your wallet and show it off..Sweet..

PA41

Thanks for the comments fellas.

Here are my front horns - got it so I can bolt it to the Cutlass frame where the stabilizer bar mounted. Not sure if I should weld it to the frame or leave it bolted? In a accident, it might shear off - not sure that would be a bad thing though.

Got the rear bumper on too, more just to get it out of the way.

Attachments

• fronthorns.jpg
    fronthorns.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 53
Not a whole lot to say. Fabbed up an exhaust system - to the back axle fer now - good enough to keep the neighbors happy. Went with 2-1/2", but had to cut a knotch in th trans mount and flatten the exaust out a little to get it under. The frame slammed to the ground idea kinda limits space under there.

And got the back bumper on. Otherwise just been thinkin about the chop....

Attachments

• rearbumperfin.jpg
    rearbumperfin.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 305
I'm going to admit that i had no faith. I thought, this guy has started a huge project and after a few posts we won't hear from him again. I'm in awe of what you've done Sam!

Gee... uh... not sure what to say.... it ain't done yet though. I will say I wouldn't have decided to go for it and probably wouldn't have got this far if it wasn't for RRR! Just the occasional posting of an update is an incentive.

Skirts? Probably not.

I like it just as it is although it would be wicked with a top chop. You want to start a thread asking if anyone likes the car? I will give you an atta boy as well! Nice job on it!;)

Nope - the whole body has to move. The front wheel is off too - it's just turned a little and doesn't show it well in the pic. Besides the firewall, mostly it's just drilling new holes for the body mount bolts. I may even leave it until this winter when I cut it all up. I'll need to keep it in mind when mounting the bumpers though...

I'll have to post a pic of the front view - serious camber issues when the bags are locked up. Nothing that the donk guys haven't already dealt with, but just another small hurdle.

I ran into the same issuse when I was building a 48 Chevy Fleetmaster. When I measured for the new rear end. I didn't take into account that the centering pins on the leafspring pad were 1.5 off center on the stock set up. So I didn't notice until I got the body on. I had to do the same thing. I moved the whole body up 1.5 to center it and had to re-fab the floor in the trunk. Quite the learning experiance.

Thanks for the comments on the car - the pic makes it look better than it is though - it's all in the angle!

Kinda messin around last couple days. I built my own muffler! Yeah, I coulda went and bought a cheapy for 15$, but what fun is that? It started out as a cheap Chinese glass pack. Kinda wish I woulda kept the glass packing in it though. Does sound real good.

Now I just gotta stuf the pipe over the axle and out the rear - I'm going to use 4, 1-1/2" pipes for the tips so it'll fit under my bumper when it's slammed.

Attachments

• muffler.jpg
    muffler.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 66

Latest posts

Back