In times of high water

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
you gotta watch your step....4th rattlesnake this week. The first 3 were pygmys. This was a rather well-fed Diamondback about 5 feet long.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0505.jpg
    DSCN0505.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 58
anyone ever hear of a rattlesnake prymate ? or a ground rattler ? there were two rattlers mating under a oak tree at our house when I was a kid . we killed them but neither had any rattles .. our neighbor called the rattlesnake prymates ... Is there such a thing ?

you gotta watch your step....4th rattlesnake this week. The first 3 were pygmys. This was a rather well-fed Diamondback about 5 feet long.

Wowsers!!! We have a lot of copperheads where I live now but years ago I lived in Austin near a huge rattlesnake den that had about 1,000 smakes. Used to kill them all the time & don't believe the old wives tale they won't chase you... they will. One chased me once... never ran so fast in my whole life! Lost my fav dog to a rattler back then too... bit him on the head! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

anyone ever hear of a rattlesnake prymate ? or a ground rattler ? there were two rattlers mating under a oak tree at our house when I was a kid . we killed them but neither had any rattles .. our neighbor called the rattlesnake prymates ... Is there such a thing ?

pygmy or ground rattler...they have rattles, but just so small they don't make much noise...

Did you skin him? That would be a nice one, probably worth a few bucks. My sister and her first husband used to skin those big ones in Texas and made some cool belts and stuff. She can still skin a rattler in about 2 minutes.
City of Mangum Oklahoma has a huge city celebration every year called the rattle snake round up. People come from all over the country.

Did you skin him? That would be a nice one, probably worth a few bucks. My sister and her first husband used to skin those big ones in Texas and made some cool belts and stuff. She can still skin a rattler in about 2 minutes.
City of Mangum Oklahoma has a huge city celebration every year called the rattle snake round up. People come from all over the country.

WB3 I have in the past skinned these every time. I did not this time. I'm not usually wasteful. Sorry! I have more around here than I need. I would have let her be but she intruded into my yard at the house and it was hard to tell who had who cornered when my bulldog spied her. What will make you pee yourself is when you walk within striking distance of one of these without getting a warning. I've killed a bunch of them in my lifetime because I've been here all of it. I posted one some time back that was bigger than this one that let me walk by it 3 times in my junk steel pile before I got a rattle. I never saw it until it rattled...scary!

Latest posts

Back