Shop dogs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats terrible dude! you should fight it, i know it sounds like a lost cause, but what are they going to do, storm your home and take her by force? Pit bulls are not dangerous by nature, that's baloney. I use to think that until i did some research on the breed, they are breed for dog fighting, when the breed was developing any dog that would bite a person after being in a vicious dog fight was instantly culled. So what you have is breed that is people docile and animal agressive. The problem comes when people train these dogs as guard dogs, it messes them up because they are not capable of really understanding that type of situation unlike a boxer or similar dog breed to be a guard dog. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, i don't know your personal situation but I came to a realization with my boxer zeus a few months ago.
that dog would do anything for me, anything, unless there was something actually wrong with him or he actually did bite someone, i would never give him up. they would have to take him by gun-point and jail me.

My Siberian Husky, Eros, is also considered a "dangerous dog" in these parts. Reason: When Huskys get excited they have a tendency to jump on people, most of the time pushing them down to the ground. Now, if you've ever had a northern breed, or been around one, you know that these dogs are very pack oriented and wouldn't hurt a fly (unless they saw it as dinner), and are very loyal, and are everyones best friend, even if they just met you. Northern breeds are terrible guard dogs for this very reason. They don't bark much, if at all, usually only when they feel threatened themselves. They get mistaken for wolves all the time as well, although I can't really see why. It's sad that folks have no understanding of the breeds and what they are really like, so much so that these dogs get classified as dangerous.

I'll talk to my wife later tonight and see what we can do to help since I've been in this situation before. BTW, enough "dangerous dog" owners around here petitioned the city so now you can keep them in the city limits. You just have to pay a $10 extra license fee every year.

OMG!
Inked, I so wish we could help you out! After having a pit ourselves we know how loving they are. And she is sooo beautiful!

Come on guys, someone that lives close to Inked step up and help him out. I am sure he would rather see her go to someone he knows from this family of friends than to see her go to a complete stranger! :)

Yeah, I'd rather her go to someone that would give me updates. I just got done working on the imp and she was under there with me like always. I don't know what I'm gonna do w/o her.:(

I'll drive up to about 6 hours one way to drop her off. Maybe more!

That would be great!!!

I just called my striping buddy, if he's down for it, I'd drive the whole way to bama. I've always wanted to see that state anyways!:D:D

If you came all the way, there is no way Reason 4 could say no. I doubt she will anyway...

Let me know if you need a phone number.

I'm almost speechless..

OMG, Can we, please can we.....huh, huh?!

How is she with other dogs? We have a Basset right now and 2 cats and 3 kids. Is she fixed?

My wife and I raised and showed dogs for about 20 years and we are familiar with these situations, I know it is of little help now, but when people call their Pit Bulls American Stafordshire Terriers they have much less hassle, especially if you say. You know the same breed thats on the old Our Gang show. Good luck with this....mean people suck.

Flat, hope you can take her. It's about 14 hours drive here and no way I could get time off work to go meet Inked about halfway. This situation really does blow.

Punish the deed not the breed.

I have a Rot/pit mix she is 2yrs old.I got her when she was oh about 10-12 weeks old and she is a sweet heart.well any way I live on a corner street with a bus stop at the far end of my yard and Im waiting for the day for some to report her for protecting here yard.She would lick you to death before biteing anyone.

That really sucks Inked.:mad::(

Allright, my buddy said he's down for the drive. He said the exact same thing I did, "I've always wanted to see bama"

I have a couple of prospects, but I should know for sure tomorrow. Flat and Reason I'll let you know tomorrow when I get off work.

Thanks Everybody

Chris

Joe, we are gonna see what we can do. That is basically how we have ended up with all of our animals!
Flat and I would love to move out into the country and set up a rescue shelter for animals. We both would be very happy. The more kids and animals the better.

Inked, Flat & Reason, hope y'all can work something out. 'tis BS that the dog is considered just by way of breed. Some places here in KY are trying to pass those stupid laws. Dangerous should be determined by action not breed !!!

Now for most of our menagerie,,,
Pic 1 - Angel 10 yr Spitz/spaniel mix
Pic 2 - Amos 10 yr brother of Angel
Pic 3 - Jake 10 yr Lab/Rottie mix Biggest baby
also have a cat (not pictures as of yet) Max 10 yr Gold Tabby
Unfortunately, in Mar we lost Max's sister, Missy at 10 yrs (less than a month shy of her 11th birthday)-:(

Attachments

• HPIM1041 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1041 (Medium).JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 2
  • HPIM1042 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1042 (Medium).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM0956 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM0956 (Medium).JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back