brake booster/pedal dilema

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thom

On my '55 Studebaker truck, I have got the booster and the pedal assy mounted and the rod from the pedal and the rod from the booster/master cylinder are 3 inches out of direct alignment. I am considering drilling and threading a 1/2" thick block for the two rods to screw into and offset the two rods. Anybody ever do that and live to tell about it? thanks

Pictures please.

Anything you make that has parts that can come lose is a BAD idea.

My best friend lost an adjustable brake pushrod in a dump truck and had to bail out at 50 MPH. He survived, but he required a lot of fixing. Fortunately, no one else was injured. The truck died.

BED, here's what I was talking about. It was from 67 to 72, I typed in mid 60's
You can see the miss alignment in the pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• booster.JPG
    booster.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 109
Ok.. if I'm seeing this picture correctly..

Your brake pedal location is 3 inches to the right (or left as you look at it) of where you are holding the MC & power booster... is there room under the dash for a z-bar and bracket of sorts..or make something similar to the old bronco's set up where it sits / mounts on an angle to the firewall? .... [S

You'd have to reverse engineer the bracket and z bar

Like flip it so it mounts like you were putting this one upside down...but it would work and it would be safe.... JMHO

I would inset the booster in the firewall and move it over so it lines up with your pedal, shorten the bracket inside and the rod. If you need a little bit more room inside z the pedal a little bit.

Attachments

• 31 model a 004.jpg
    31 model a 004.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 31 model a 018.jpg
    31 model a 018.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I think I might have it figured out to line them up. My new 7" booster came with a spacer plate but it will take a thicker spacer so I can move the booster over enough.

Yeah, I figured it out . The pedal and booster will be in line. Today I put all new brake parts on the Dodge Dakota rearend. I'll be riding in a few more days!

Latest posts

Back