1950 GMC build after 31 year slumber

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know....

for a piece that isn't seen you sure made it look pretty.....:D But I wouldn't expect less from you jfg....so motor on my friend....or should i say fab on....??

Don't worry Sgt, I'm not really happy with the fit of the new pieces. But then, like you said, they won't be seen. [;)

I always look at other peoples work here and around the world and think I can do better. Troy Trepainer has a motto that at any stage of a build he wants the vehicle to be show worthy. I strive for that perfection but will realistically never get there. [;)

I'm not sure about that....

Don't worry Sgt, I'm not really happy with the fit of the new pieces. But then, like you said, they won't be seen. [;)

I always look at other peoples work here and around the world and think I can do better. Troy Trepainer has a motto that at any stage of a build he wants the vehicle to be show worthy. I strive for that perfection but will realistically never get there. [;)

Most of your fab stuff looks pretty darn good....bet if you got paid what he gets paid, you'd strive for that same perfection as they do and probably do just as well as the majority of them.....frankly, I think that a fair amount of guys on this site have the skills and abilities to make as good or better hot rods as any of them....JMHO....Cornfield, Bonehead, Sinners, just to name a few.....a ton of talent on here...again JMHO....

I think that sometimes it just comes down to picking your battles. Most of us just don't have the time (including employees' time) that guys like Trepanier have. If we want to actually finish a project, a little "practical perfection" must be applied. "The last 5% takes 95% of the time" applies in many cases.

Your repair looks great.

So I got a little time after thrashing some super cars to work on the truck. I decided to keep the vent door. I am stubborn some times! I got the outer panel all trimmed and on.

Finally got a couple of hours free today to thrash on the 50 again. Cut out the offending passengers side floor, made new floor panels, put in a new cab brace, replaced the lower hinge mount area and trimmed the outer panel out of the way.

Too bad you couldn't have gotten an AD cab from Willowbilly out on S. Dak. Woulda saved a lot of metal replacement. But, you are doing a great job of it.

Bob - replacing the cab would take away from the fact that this truck is the one my family moved from CA to NH in in 1978.

I did get some time to get the inner kick panel made. i got a little a head of myself and didn't take an inprogress pic. [;)

You'd think you were too busy...??!!

Bob - replacing the cab would take away from the fact that this truck is the one my family moved from CA to NH in in 1978.

I did get some time to get the inner kick panel made. i got a little a head of myself and didn't take an inprogress pic. [;)

No in progress shots....what the heck.....:D

No in progress shots....what the heck.....:D

Lol! I had to get welding gas, steel, see a judge, serve a search warrant, do a threat assesment for another, assist another town with a trapped bear, assist yet another town with a burglary alarm AND still get in my patrols today! Nope, not busy at all![cl

Lol! I had to get welding gas, steel, see a judge, serve a search warrant, do a threat assesment for another, assist another town with a trapped bear, assist yet another town with a burglary alarm AND still get in my patrols today! Nope, not busy at all![cl
I can't believe you used all your excuses at once :D

I did get some time yesterday to finish the inner fender brace and start fitting the outer panel. Lots O clamps, tapping, swearing, banging etc.

Latest posts

Back