1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the comps.

Maybe a bit premature, but I couldn't resist a 'before and after'

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 120
ZZ I don't want to be the devils advocate[ddd. but by looking at the belt line (upper body reveal) does the car have rake in the body and not the roof? I know that some chops lend to a "tail dragger" look (36 ford 3 wind) but, this appears it is going to have some forward rake in the body but lost in the roof line. Not questioning your eye for coolness, just trying to see if another inch in the front would look like.[P[P[P[P

ZZ I don't want to be the devils advocate[ddd. but by looking at the belt line (upper body reveal) does the car have rake in the body and not the roof? I know that some chops lend to a "tail dragger" look (36 ford 3 wind) but, this appears it is going to have some forward rake in the body but lost in the roof line. Not questioning your eye for coolness, just trying to see if another inch in the front would look like.[P[P[P[P

Well, I guess we don't all see things the same way...
Taking the rake out of the roof was exactly what I wanted to do, to level it with the belt line and get rid of what I see as being too high in the rear of the roof. Combined with more slope to the rear window and slightly angled door post, I'm looking for a more flowing shape. Another inch out of the A pillar would put it back into the original forward tilt.
I'm not really a fan of having the roof lower in the rear like the look of the 'tail draggers' - too obvious and unnatural.

Got the passenger side sail panel tacked back in. Amazingly, no filler panels have been needed, just reshaping and resizing the pieces cut out. Not that there isn't lots of hammer and dolly work still to do, 'cuz there sure is, it's a continuous process as the panels are gradually fully welded.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 94
Well, I guess we don't all see things the same way...
Taking the rake out of the roof was exactly what I wanted to do, to level it with the belt line and get rid of what I see as being too high in the rear of the roof. Combined with more slope to the rear window and slightly angled door post, I'm looking for a more flowing shape. Another inch out of the A pillar would put it back into the original forward tilt.
I'm not really a fan of having the roof lower in the rear like the look of the 'tail draggers' - too obvious and unnatural.

I'm into your vision, I think you've made it look way better!

Lots better flow on the rear of the roof to the deck. Lost that stogy upright look. I would have been tempted to angle the rear door tops a bit more to give it a little rake.

If you look at the doors in the top pic, you can see the angle of the front post on the door closest to the wall. The door closest to the car you can see that angle on the rear door through the widow opening, and you can see the straight up vertical rear post on the closest door. Now imagine the closest door with that rear post laid forward on the same angle as that front post on that rear door.
That was what I was talking about, leaning the widow post forward,

Latest posts

Back