Thursday at Gruber's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect Weather at Gruber's

Here's some of the cars that showed up tonight that haven't been featured on this thread. Later, 3 new mustangs showed up. When they left in a cloud of smoke they sounded like huge motorcycles on the rev limiter.

I drove the Fiat but didn't take a pic of it.

Attachments

• June15 Grubs 001.jpg
    June15 Grubs 001.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 83
  • June15 Grubs 002.jpg
    June15 Grubs 002.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 78
  • June15 Grubs 003.jpg
    June15 Grubs 003.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 76
  • June15 Grubs 004.jpg
    June15 Grubs 004.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 72
  • June15 Grubs 005.jpg
    June15 Grubs 005.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 78
  • June15 Grubs 006.jpg
    June15 Grubs 006.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 71
  • June15 Grubs 007.jpg
    June15 Grubs 007.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 73
Here's some of the cars that showed up tonight that haven't been featured on this thread. Later, 3 new mustangs showed up. When they left in a cloud of smoke they sounded like huge motorcycles on the rev limiter.

I drove the Fiat but didn't take a pic of it.

That jailbar Ford is beautiful!

Thanks for this week's edition, bob.

I hate pearl white, but the custom shoebox pulls it off! [cl

Our computers must be different. It looks green on mine and it looks killer, heck I don't even like shoebox Fords but I'd style in that one :cool:
The Plymouth is my favorite [dr

The shoebox is owned and customized by Dave. At age 76 he just retired from a body shop where he painted cars for 55 years. I'd settle the color issue but I must be color recognition deficient, or CRD. So no help here.
The Plymouth is owned by a retired shop teacher who only has the use of one arm. He built the car and races it without assistance.
There was quite a range of cars: from a restored Jail Bar Ford Truck to a Shelby Mustang with 155 miles on it.

Our computers must be different. It looks green on mine and it looks killer, heck I don't even like shoebox Fords but I'd style in that one :cool:

I must be color recognition deficient, or CRD. So no help here.

I'm somewhat colour blind... some pearls, shades and hues trick my eye. Tell me it's "Mint Green" and I'll trust your eyes before my own!

Keep them coming, bob!

bobw , just curious... have you been friends with most of these guy's
for some time ? Hard to beat good friends with similar interests ....

This gathering has been going on for a long time. Probably 20 years. There's a bulletin board in the shop with obits of all the guys that have been there and "gone".

I've been going for 6-7 years and that's where I have met most of the guys. Some I knew beforehand.

I go to lunch on Wednesdays with another, smaller group of fellas. I'm still on "new guy" probation because I've only lived in the area for 22 years.

Dr. C, I can't be sure on the color of the shoebox but I'd say it's off white. It has no pearl in it, Just a creamy solid white. The owner, Dave lost his wife a few months ago and I believe this group activity helps him hold it together.

I believe that white is picking up the green reflection off all that grass it's sitting in. If ya parked it on a red carpet, it would look pink...

Last edited:
I believe that white is picking up the green reflection off all that grass it's sitting in. If ya parked it on a red carpet, it would look pink...

Why smallfoot, I believe you are correct. [cl

The '55 is 100% detailed under the hood. Roger also has a shoebox Ford that was featured in a national magazine a few months ago. And a '34 5 window he has owned for over 50 years.

Slim Pickins

Not many interesting motor vehicles at Gruber's tonight. In fact, not many people. Must be exhausted from Back to the 50's last weekend. Hot and humid too.

Attachments

• EOJ Gruber's 001.jpg
    EOJ Gruber's 001.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 41
  • EOJ Gruber's 002.jpg
    EOJ Gruber's 002.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 77
  • EOJ Gruber's 003.jpg
    EOJ Gruber's 003.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 72
Here's some cars that showed up at Gruber's tonight. The '37 Chevy was nominated for Street Rod of the Year by MSRA in 1985. Hasn't changed much since then.

Attachments

• July Gruber 001.jpg
    July Gruber 001.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 76
  • July Gruber 002.jpg
    July Gruber 002.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 79
  • July Gruber 003.jpg
    July Gruber 003.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 76
  • July Gruber 004.jpg
    July Gruber 004.jpg