Bug to Butterfly

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your comments.

Sometimes when I see the talented work of real craftsmen - like Dutch and others - it makes me want to throw rocks at mine but I try and I'm doing the best I can. Hopefully I'm learning as I go and my work will improve.

Nothing wrong with that. You've got a lot going on in as small space there.
I've got a feeling that thing is going to be fun to drive. [cl[cl:cool::cool:[cl[cl

Nice work! It is nice to see somebody making progress on a project. I wish it was me.

I like all of the reinforcements you are adding.

Still plugging away at the floor. Got the rear sections completed and welded in with the humps to clear the upper four link bars. Fitting them was almost as bad as the transmission tunnel but I think they turned out ok. I got the panels fitted for the main floor area but I've run out of sheet metal to finish the toe boards. I'll get these welded in in a couple of days but tomorrow is going to be "visit the grandsons day"! Almost 2 months old already! Happy Valentine to me! :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpg
    IMG_2249.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2248.JPG
    IMG_2248.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 35
Floor looks very nice.

I see a couple junior dragsters in your future.

Been there. Done that.

Q. Do you know what I miss most about running juniors?

A. Not a f#$*ing thing!

Actually both my daughters enjoyed the juniors and therefore so did I. Not sure that I would want to do it again though. It can get pretty expensive. Here's a few pictures of the boys' mother through her junior career.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Michelle_maylong-06.jpg
    Michelle_maylong-06.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2008trophy.jpg
    2008trophy.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 29
  • 259.jpg
    259.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Michelle nap.jpg
    Michelle nap.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 27
I've heard you can stick quite a few bucks in that single cylinder engine.

A question: can an adult drive a Junior at Test and Tune?

I've heard you can stick quite a few bucks in that single cylinder engine.

A question: can an adult drive a Junior at Test and Tune?

Yes, the engine and clutch package for a 7.90 car runs almost $6000. A Halfscale Outlaw lay down car like we had is about $8000 new. With data recorder and a few other options its pretty easy to have $15000 tied up in one of these cars. Used engines and cars are less but there are significant maintenance costs as well.

And yes, an adult could take it down the track - IF you could fit into it! I recall an event at our track where the parents that could raced the kids cars and came back with a new respect for what their kids were doing. Consider that a 7.90 junior dragster is almost 2 seconds quicker than a stock 5 L Fox body Mustang to the 1/8th mile! And to slow these cars down to 7.90 and the 85 mph limit we had to run over 100 pounds of ballast!

Latest posts

Back