People taking photos of your car while driving?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone else encounters people taking photos of their Rat/Rod while both you and the "photographer" are driving? I've encountered a few people doing this lately and nearly losing control of their vehicle in the process. I would hate to be involved in or near an accident caused by someone unsafely taking a photo of my vehicle.

A few weeks back I had a guy in a 2 ton service truck tailgating me while both hands were on his phone to take photos of my truck. It's a little unnerving, but until they make smarter people I'm not sure what we can do :p

Unfortunately there is really nothing that You can do snopro except to stop building them so cool....:D

Seriously though. The cell phone/camera phone use while driving is a serious issue and until everybody has a "Hands free " law it will continue to be so.
And don't get me wrong. I'm not about a lot more laws but in this case the life it saves may be yours and mine.
But of course no law can fix STUPID.[S
Stay safe my brother.
Torchie.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that You can do snopro except to stop building them so cool....:D

Seriously though. The cell phone/camera phone use while driving is a serious issue and until everybody has a "Hands free " law it will continue to be so.
And don't get me wrong. I'm not about a lot more laws but in this case the life it saves may be yours and mine.
But of course no law can fix STUPID.[S
Stay safe my brother.
Torchie.

Thanks Torchie.

In Alberta we've had a law against distracted driving for over 3 years already. It doesn't seem to help.

In Alberta we've had a law against distracted driving for over 3 years already. It doesn't seem to help.

In Saskatchewan, we're overridden with Albertans and "humans" from every corner of the planet. (Think: "Boom Town") Regardless, we have cell-phone/distracted driving laws but it doesn't seem to matter... drive defensively and watch for the growing herd of idiots... their mistakes will get you before your own, camera or no camera.

We've only had our "no cell phone" law for about a year but the biggest thing I've noticed is that where you used to see folks with their phones on top of the steering wheel as they texted, you now see them looking down at their laps where they are trying to hide it. Seems like you stood a better chance of being seen when they had them on top of the steering wheel !

I had a close encounter this morning on the way to work ,, they wasnt taking pictures but he was "apparently" lost. he was trying to turn into the outbound scale road from the mill and just stop in the road (dead still) the jeep in front of me slowed down .. then STOPPED .. I hit the brakes so quick my tires slid and I swerved into the left of the dumb a$$ and the jeep went to the ditch .. we were only doing 60 or so in about 3 or 4 seconds we were OH !!! $hitting our selves and cursing the dumb a$$ Like DR. Crank said there are herds of idiots every where ,, I guess he was looking for his herd..

Yes, and they want to ride in my blind spot for miles. I just wish they would share the pics with me. I never seen mine going down the street.
Tim

I agree it's unnerving but I am SO guilty of doing the same thing myself I can barely complain but I've had a couple close calls... I just speed up & leave them behind! [ddd

BoB

I've gotten used to driving along and seeing someone in the next lane with a cell phone or camera pointed at my car.........usually, it is the passenger, so that is ok. One time I had a car full of Japanese tourists riding beside me and they had this video camera pointing out the window that was about the size of the ones you see the pros using on TV. That was pretty funny. :D

Years ago, when I belonged to a car club, we had about 10 cars going to a show in another town. A driver got so involved looking at our cars that he sideswiped one of our cars and damaged the rear rocker panel. That is why I generally drive around with my headers uncorked, the noise keeps them awake ! :)

Don

I've got a couple shots of myself saying F*&% from the floor taken as my razr hit the mat.
yeah I was trying to snap a pic but the steering wheel is more important

I've had it happen a lot...it makes it difficult in city traffic to change lanes because everyone is either looking or taking pictures...I had a guy come along side of me on the highway on a crotch rocket...pull out his cell phone and proceed to take pictures...at 70mph in traffic???...

Plenty of police dash cam. Usually ask what's under the hood. The sgt for my area was my old high school campus cop. He remembers my truck from donuts in the parking lot. I am guilty of taking pics while cruising though.

took 3 trips around the block to get this one.........

Attachments

• !cid_A0.jpg
    !cid_A0.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back