BMW V8 powered T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, good point, Snopro. Everyone has to realize that bump steer is a phenomena to be reckoned with. Mykk has read up on his options and now made his draglink parallel to his wishbones. The length of those two moving parts are not quite the same so the arcs of their travel will be slightly different. This slight difference will cause bump steer. The tiny forward and back motion of the axle when it bounces up and down will be ever so slightly different to the forward and back movement of the front of the draglink. Mykk has engineered his bump steer problem into insignificance. He can now live with it.
My point was that after he has engineered his steering nicely, he should not worry himself sick about it. I did not mean that he shouldn't worry about it before he thought it all out. That tall steering arm was the cats meow. That was engineering.
Keep up the good work, Mykk.

I talked myself into something I've been debating for months, possibly even years:

Yup, Wheelie bars. Not for practicality, not for function and definitely not out of necessity. My logic for such a gaudy display of wanna-be race car? Because I wanted to.

I am building the Hot Rod I've had in my head since I was a kid, with the tech & know-how I've acquired as an adult. And when you're a kid what aggressive, fire breathing, fat tire, smoke creating, cartoonish Hot Rod Monster doesn't have Wheelie Bars?

Also replaced the rear motorcycle shocks with actual vehicle purpose made coil overs. It raised the rear ride height a bit, the benefit is it brought the rear camber back in line. The downside, it makes getting in and out of the car a bit tougher.

I do plan to shorten up those wheelie bars by 10-12 inches.

If ya didn't want something different/ridiculous then any manufactured vehicle would fill that order. What we want requires a different method of scratching [ddd

Shortened the wheelie bars for a more proportionate look for the Bucket.

With the new rear coil overs, the raised rear ride height gave the bucket a rake.

Does the rake angle feel natural to you? Is it a good look for this bucket?

Right on with the rake. If you don't have much front suspension travel the bump steer will be acceptable. Based on my experience.

Looks good, but I think I would have put the exhaust below the door opening. Going to be fun getting in and out when the exhaust is hot!

Looks good, but I think I would have put the exhaust below the door opening. Going to be fun getting in and out when the exhaust is hot!
Practicality has little to do with lookin' good. A small burnt offering is a small enough price to pay. [ddd :D [cl

When I was a younger man there was only one way to get into a T bucket.
You stepped up onto the rear tire and then down into the bucket😎
Didn’t matter if It has a door or not😜
Getting out was the same. Just reversed
Torchie

Latest posts

Back