my 600 dollar winter project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodlincoln

i picked up this decently straight 79 lincoln mark 5 for 600 bones,60k miles original and the 400m and c6 are 20k miles ,all original one owner car. im not sure what direction i want to go, im a rat rod guy but i dont know what would be crazy and unique but still tasteful.Any help would be great!

Attachments

• 100_0401.jpg
    100_0401.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_0402.jpg
    100_0402.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_0405.jpg
    100_0405.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 28
That is going to be one of those cars that folks in the future will say "why didn't they save it?" My imagination is failing me on this one! Clean it up,put some nice wheels and tires on it then some of my favorite flat purple paint :cool: Welcome to the board HRL :)

Well, first off, remove the side trim and ditch those hubcaps. See what comes up then. I'm kinda thinking some kind off ghost flames in black on the original silver paint. Wouldn't hurt to drop it a couple of inches....

Get rid of a few pcs. of trim, paint it all one color , including bumpers, grill, ect. Put a modern bigger set of wheels to fill the wheelwells up good. I would probably go with a light color, like mabey, butter-nut yellow,or something light and clean, not a bright yellow. Being it's a two door, I don't think I would rat this one out, make a good clean driver that you don't see everyday. But, then again , I'm not a Ford / Lincoln kind of guy !

Lincoln

Just a suggestion.........remove side trim, 2 tone: bottom black, top silver (break it at the beltline) red pinstripe to divide the colors. Darken the windows and a killer set of 18s. I'm just sayin'..........

Shakey[dr

im taking all your advise guys i appreciate the input,a matte paint job is a definite,wheels are also a definite but being a younger guy im afraid if i get a larger set of wheels ill be looked at like a donk hahaha i was either thinking painted steels with trim rings and baby moons with oem size up front and fatter meats out back, maybe 2 inches of drop. call me crazy but i wouldnt mind gettin it in the 15s in the quarter either so i can beat up on some import cuz that never gets old[P

Start it up, floor it, when it hits 6000 RPM, jerk it into drive! I used to do that to my mom's old Lincoln; must've done it 100 times and it never hurt it. Sure makes an impressive cloud of tire smoke and a puts a big smile on the face!:):)

Gangster look

chop the top , flat black , white walls,tint windows,wheels?on the cheep old crown vic ,no trim , tube gril , drop 2in.

If it runs good, then just put a good gloss black paint job on it and figure out what you want (or can afford) to do with the wheel and tires.
I like the idea of stock on the front and a little meat out back with a mild 2in or soo drop.

Just tossin ideas.

I just inherited my fathers 1979 Chevy Caprice Classic (4 door). It's has been sitting for about 2 years but fired up after charging the battery. It runs rough but still runs. Now I'm wondering what to do with it. I've always wanted to enter a demolition derby.

Sid

paint all the trim gold, bumper too, gold wire wheel hub caps, paint it purple, V tv antena in the back, leperd skin fuzz on the dash board curb feelers.... low and wide the Gangsta ride.

Pablo

Latest posts

Back