Officially Starting my Rat Rod Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just gave the thumbs up to buying a 1949 Ford truck cab in beautiful condition. I pick it up in a few weeks and will begin the chop.

I'll keep the board updated.

Ok I figured out how to attach pics. I have had my eye on the white one but I have to many projects already.
I stopped in the office today to ask about prices but they are a one person type of operation and they already had a couple people in the office.
Sorry the pictures suck they were on my phone. If you are seriously interested I could get some better ones for you. The place is only about 15 minutes from my house.

Attachments

• IMG00169.jpg
    IMG00169.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG00170.jpg
    IMG00170.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG00171.jpg
    IMG00171.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 23
I really appreciate the effort. I will call them tomorrow. I just bought a 1949 Ford cab in great shape but I will ask them about the frames on these trucks as well as some other parts.

Thanks.

The 49 Ford cab I will be using

This is the 49 Ford Cab I will be using to make my Rat Rod. I am very confident I can do the needed body work such as the chop (4") and channel (3") but the frame ideas I am struggling with.

Attachments

• ford cab.jpg
    ford cab.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 28
  • ford cab back 2.jpg
    ford cab back 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 20
  • ford cab interior.jpg
    ford cab interior.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back