Toe in or toe out?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

von-zipper

Front passenger side tire getting excessive wear on inside of tire. Should I go toe in or toe out to correct? Don't want to make it worse by guessing.

Thanks,
Zipper

Passenger side only? Toe should affect both sides equally.

If you're wearing one tire and not the other, you have a camber issue (as Pops said) or worn components (at least on that side) as kenny c said.

Last edited:
With toe-in/out problems your tires will wear funny. There will be a little feather edge lip on one side of each tread and the other side of the tread will be worn down a little more, maybe beveled a bit. I'm guessing that you don't have that pattern, so my vote is, you have a camber problem.

Here is some diagrams so you can understand what is happening.

weld on..........[;)

Attachments

• alignment-diagram-01.jpg
    alignment-diagram-01.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 23
With toe-in/out problems your tires will wear funny. There will be a little feather edge lip on one side of each tread and the other side of the tread will be worn down a little more, maybe beveled a bit. I'm guessing that you don't have that pattern, so my vote is, you have a camber problem.

Im thinking if you park your car on a pretty flat hard surface (drive way) you can put a framing square on the ground and put it up against your tires side wall and it should be very close to touching the top and bottom side wall of your tire .. If im thinking correctly .. other than getting it aligned .. this would tell you if you have a bad camber problem

Only camber and toe will cause tire wear...

Caster will not....will cause a pull one way or the other....if only one tire is wearing I'd guess a camber issue....as Doc said, usually toe problems cause both tires to wear.....JMHO....

Latest posts

Back