23 days from dirt to drive

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragons

Ok normally when I do cars, paint, interior and the like are kinda "my thing". I like "rats" (as in looks, not safety issues), and have had my chassis/parts on more than a few, but never had one of my own as a daily. So, love it or hate it, but I have 3 weeks into it, and not including the wheels, less than $1000. Dollars per smiles, its hard to beat.

The night before Oct 1st, my kid and I said "lets throw a car together before the show" (on the 23rd of Oct). So, we woke up on Oct bright and early and got started.

Built the frame that morning.

10-1-am1.jpg

Here are the bodies I used on Oct 1st (I needed roof header panels off the one with no doors).

10-1-am5.jpg

10-1-am6.jpg

Here is the grill I cut out on the 11th.

oct1102.jpg

And here we are at my buddies shop on the 23rd (he got his cab from me 2 years ago on a trade, and I did his chassis). We have different styles, for sure.

10-23-08.jpg

10-23-11.jpg

10-23-12.jpg

Took us 23 days from dirt to drive, just me and my 17 year old daughter. In reality, there was 5-6 days we took off having to make parts we sell, so you could say 17 days to build. It drives good. It might look like a rat, but duel pot master cylinder, disc brakes up front,drum rears, safety glass ws, bear claws in the doors. I wouldnt let her drive it if it werent safe.

Welcome to the triple R. Love the truck & love to see girls driving hot & rat rods, cool! Very nice truck and great to see both trucks side by side.

Beercan

Thanks guys. I like this forum better, doesn't seem as anal as the pork site.

Thanks for the words on the truck. As for chopping it, no, I love tims truck, but I actually tried talking him out of chopping it. I think the telephone booth Ts get their look from the akward height.

Yeah! Tall T's always catch the eye. Those are both pretty sweet.

There's only one website I know of that still associates rat rod with unsafe.... That's not what it's about, and guaranteed if you post pics here of something that doesn't look safe, you'll hear about it.

I just cant wait to see the next PBR rep at a show and see if I can talk him out of beer. [ddd

Thx. Have any other pics of your truck? Love to see them.

Yes one day I will have to get off my butt and post them. They are on my new computer which has crashed for the 8th time. (Got to love Vista) I did manage to get some of them off of it.

Thx guys.

Here is my kid enjoying the fruits of her labor. Notice which seat the boyfriends has to sit in? [cl

She was following behind us to the cruise. Yes, I'm aware my wife has no working knowledge of a digital camera. [P

100_5422.jpg

100_5423.jpg

Nice lookin girl.
Reason4 and I have a 16 & a 15 year old and wish I could get them involved in cars like that.

Very cool.

Thx. Shes a good kid. Most teen boys dream, most dads nightmare. Cheerleader looks, REALLY into cars, left arm sleeved, has her own 33 Ford pickup shes building, can run an English wheel and can tig aluminum. Her bf is a good kid (Air Force) and shes loyal which means I'm not cleaning my shotgun every sat night.

Now my other daughter, well................................ I'm still looking for the 3 sixes.

Check behind left ear,lol congrats on the cool car AND the cooler daughter. Don't worry about the other sounds like you're doing something right she'll be alright, just different.

Latest posts

Back