Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a fun part of a build. You have a picture in your head of what you think it will look like, but now it gets a little easier to see.

P1260044.jpg

Bonehead.....

Were you watching Extreme 4x4???? They were making a frame like that out of 1 1/2 round.....That frame will look killer...wonder why there are not more of them done like that....maybe not original looking enough?? I think it will look cool as heck....jmho..

very cool looking and very labor intensive. You can get a ladder style frame to be light and very strong. I like it![P

hey Bonehead, why is the top about 1/4" narrower than the bottom? one pic from the back looks like it sticks out on the drivers side. [S

hey Bonehead, why is the top about 1/4" narrower than the bottom? one pic from the back looks like it sticks out on the drivers side. [S

I see what you are looking at. It is less than an 1/8 in person, and it is bugging me. I may rework that section a little more. Taking that much out of the top, lets you see how much the cab gets smaller towards the top. I forgot to pop the top off and show you guys the other half of the truck I am building here. Supposed to snow tomarrow, but maybe I'll get a picture in.

Were you watching Extreme 4x4???? They were making a frame like that out of 1 1/2 round.....That frame will look killer...wonder why there are not more of them done like that....maybe not original looking enough?? I think it will look cool as heck....jmho..

That episode got my attention, was thinking the next frame I make might go that way!! Does look like a lot of welding though!!

Love the removable top BH!! `Gonna be long wheelbase?

I see what you are looking at. It is less than an 1/8 in person, and it is bugging me. I may rework that section a little more. Taking that much out of the top, lets you see how much the cab gets smaller towards the top. I forgot to pop the top off and show you guys the other half of the truck I am building here. Supposed to snow tomarrow, but maybe I'll get a picture in.

Thought it was an optical illusion at first due to the black paint.....

Love the frame idea. I am helping my bro in law do a Locost 7 space frame car. Fun!

I love a tube frame. Are the door tops removable individually?

I'll be watching this one as part of my higher education in fabrication.

The door tops come off with the roof. If I was going to run side glass, I was going to make the tops unbolt from the doors. It was going to be a hassle. This is quick and easy.

Latest posts

Back