41 on 49?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E$rnie Pintor III

So I got a frame... A rolling chassie . Brakes are done and steering is all done. It's a f1 frame zed in front and rear. Was planing to put a 31 chevy cab on it but came across a better project. Now I'm gonna try to put a 41 ford cab on it. Has anybody tryed this? I m using the f1 bed but I got a set of 41 rear fenders. I have the complete front clip and cab for the 41. I hope I can use all the 41 sheet metal I have. Want it to look as complete as I can. But if not then ill run it with no fenders.

I am running just the opposite. A F-1 cab on a 41 frame. You can most likely make it fit. The boxes run 1938-41. And then 1942-50 so the F-1 box is different then the 41. It might just be style though and not dimensions.
Don't know about the front sheet metal with the front of the frame Z'ed.
Time to get out the tape measure and do a mock up.
Torchie

I'm pretty sure the later frame is a little bit wider, but I also think you will have enough wiggle room to fit it together alright.
The bed will be fine. Its still narrower than your cab. Just a little more room for those fat tires.

I put my 38 full fender PU on an S10 frame with a 47 Chevy bed. The frame really is too wide, but I made it work. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• EP 41 2.jpg
    EP 41 2.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 71
  • EP 41.jpg
    EP 41.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 72
Frame fit. Had to slide the cab a bit forward so the leaf spring ends inside the cab. But it's fine. Nothing rube and the arm for the steering works good . Does not get in the way. All looks good

Best way to find out is bolt it all together and see how it fits.....
YUP.
You'll need to line up the front fenders with the front tires, too, before you bolt down the cab. The earlier trucks have the wheel openings further forward than the 49. The cab might still need to go back some more.

Have fun with your new puzzle. :D

Front fenders don't fit . Oh well, I'm just going to leave the front fenders off. Keep the hood and grill.gonna keep the rear fenders and make some running boards. Anybody looking for some front fenders? They have headlights and new chrome rings still on plastic.

She must be a golfer. To her she likes it.
An eagle means 2 under par and you are on a par 3 hole with the build.
The only thing better is a hole in one. As we all know, nothing is perfect [ddd

Latest posts

Back