universal MC/BOOSTER?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
I am wondering about the universal kit from speedway
here is the description

Master Cylinder Booster Combo, Natural/Zinc, 1.125 in. Bore, 7.0 in. Diameter Booster, Kit
i have drums all around
have any of you guys used something like this?

it seems like if it moves enough fluid
and it will fit under the floor
it would be good
or is there something basic i am missing?

Billy, I used the dual diaphragm 7" booster and master cylinder from Speedway on my Lincoln. It has 12" drums up front and 10" drums in the rear. It stops fine. Speedway recommended the dual diaphragm booster for the heavy car, mine is around 3800 lbs + or - a bit. As heavy as your truck is, it should work fine.

Are your pedals through the floor or the swinging type with the booster on the firewall? I used the universal swinging pedal kit from them on mine, it went in real easy. I bolted it to the firewall and to the lower dash, plenty sturdy on mine.

Mine are through the floor
It's cold cold today so I have not crawled under there for measuring

Mine was originally under the floor, too. I didn't think I had enough room, so I went with the hanging pedal. Since yours in a manual trans though, you will probably have to stay with the underfloor pedals unless you change both. You'd probably have to use a hydraulic clutch if you changed to swinging pedals.

Latest posts

Back