Question about weld on 4 link

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanksbe2

I marked up the attached drawing (please take a look at it ) to show where I think the triangulated 4 link should be attached to the 2002 S10 Blazer frame I have once I take off the leaf springs. I've been doin' a bit of studying since I know jack about this stuff.

There's not a lot of room or a good place to get the 80-90 degree angle required for the two upper 4 link arms unless I mount them in the middle on top of the differential. (or make them extremely short which I think makes them pretty useless)

Is it ok to weld directly on this S10 Blazer differential instead of the axles? Is the differential a cast metal or is it solid, weldable material? It's from a 2wd V6 and I read that it's 3.42 gearing if that helps identify it.

Also, the sway bar is in the way of the lower 4 link arms a bit. Should I leave it in place or should I take it off? Do I even need it if I have a triangulated 4 link?

Thanks!

Attachments

• s10 blazer chassis.jpg
    s10 blazer chassis.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 76
What you have there is a single triangulated 4 link, not as stable as a double triangulated 4 link, you may not need a panhard bar. But keep it in mind. The center section is cast, and can be welded, but the smarter way is to build a truss over the top, axle tube to axle tube, then come off the forward face, to connect your links.

Latest posts

Back