Muscle-Rat Camino

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbuckrats

Is there such a thing as a muscle-rat? Well, I think this vehicle fits the bill. It's my new 67 El Camino I just picked up last week. I traded it for my old 71 Camino. This car is way more solid and I kinda like this body style better. Anyways, did a lot of fix-ups on the car in the last week like brakes, wiring, donut gaskets, wheels, tune-up(HEI conversion), fluids and such. It's got a cool tuck-n-roll red velour interior that I really like. Car sat for 25+ years and is originally from Kansas. Has the original 283-powerglide that run perfect. Here are the pics......enjoy

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 71
Nice trade

I like the 67 body style better than the 71 too.
My favorite chevelle,camino body style is 68-69.
I had a 1969 SS 396 Chevelle.
It was blue with white stripes.
Got it from used car lot for $1500.00.
Of course that was back in 1979.:eek:

Nice! I love the 67's, had a 66 Chevelle, always wanted a 67 though, like the tail lights better. I had a 69 El Camino, too. Really wanted a 71-72, never did get one.

That was back in my rebelious days. I went back to my raising, Fords! :D

When those were new, my brother's Boss at an Oilfield Sevice Co. told him to pick out any truck that he wanted. He came home with a Pretty Red Elcamino with 427 and 4 speed, then drove it straight to work and painted it Oilfield Blue[S Loaded a big Crewbox in the back for tools, it had awlsome take-off traction and Flew. One BaddAzz trk. Later--John T.[cl

Sharp trucar.:cool: Thinkin' you need some headlight doors, though.

Used to have a '72 Malibu ragtop. Buckets, console, power top, 307/TH350. Bright red outside with a floor that looked like a steel-and-rivet quilt!:D Burned oil like crazy, but would lay a single black stripe two blocks long! Man, but I miss that car.:(

Great score, enjoy that fine machine!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back