Flash back fairlane

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the headers are your only issue, make a pair to fit.

Looking at this side, I see several ways to reconfigure and reroute the top tube, which I'd imagine is the problem...

attachment.php

Headers are only part of the issue. They top tube cant go underneath on the one side because of starter. I also cant get the 2/3 of the header bolts in because the lack clearance of the towers. I cant put the engine in with the headers on . I actually think i sold all the suspension to my uncle for his 68 mustang for a screaming deal.

That's the problem with mid and small Fords of the 60's and 70's, those shock towers. You're gonna have to lose them to get that monster in there. Have you looked at Welders Series? Their weld up cross members are reasonably priced, your main money will be spindles, springs, and brakes.

Crown Vic won't work without narrowing, it's way too wide.

That's the problem with mid and small Fords of the 60's and 70's, those shock towers. You're gonna have to lose them to get that monster in there. Have you looked at Welders Series? Their weld up cross members are reasonably priced, your main money will be spindles, springs, and brakes.

Crown Vic won't work without narrowing, it's way too wide.
Yes Crown Victoria suspension is cool but too wide for my car. I'm buying a kit that is like that. Crossmember, a arms, spindles and steering rack. I found hubs to use my rotors I have with the mustang 2 spindles. I will call after we get back from the beach about the brackets

I'm sorry your plans didn't work out, but I'm glad you abandoned the straight axle/gasser idea!

I'll look forward to Flashback Fairlane .2

Yes Crown Victoria suspension is cool but too wide for my car. I'm buying a kit that is like that. Crossmember, a arms, spindles and steering rack. I found hubs to use my rotors I have with the mustang 2 spindles. I will call after we get back from the beach about the brackets

Hey, you're MinterFab......you can make the brackets!:D:D:D:D[P[P[P[P

I'm sorry your plans didn't work out, but I'm glad you abandoned the straight axle/gasser idea!

I'll look forward to Flashback Fairlane .2

I have never really planned on doing the Gasser idea. I was just throwing things around. Trying to talk myself into it which is never a good idea

Ya never know which way you're gonna have to go on an engine swap.
All the cool engines take a different approach most of the time.

Ya never know which way you're gonna have to go on an engine swap.
All the cool engines take a different approach most of the time.

Yeah. It will be worth it in the end. It will drive and steer better. Also my uncle can use all the parts for his 68 mach 1!

Well it's official, I sold all of the parts from the front end of the Fairlane minus brakes and sway bar. I sold them to my uncle for his 68 Mustang. He got a screaming deal and I can get my Mustang 2 parts coming

Finally got my mustang ii parts ordered!!!!! Plus all the pieces to make the brakes work!

No real progress on this car lately just collecting parts. I finally got all my Mustang II Parts in. Break Stuff arrived a couple days after I ordered it. Once I'm done with this huge fencing job I'm on I should be able to clear out my shop a little bit. I am going to make time to work on this car

Attachments

• 0616212134_HDR.jpg
    0616212134_HDR.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 14
  • 0616212136_HDR.jpg
    0616212136_HDR.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 0616212132_HDR.jpg
    0616212132_HDR.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back