hello from alabama

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

i'm 26Troadster a.k.a. odie, i have been tring to build a 26 ford t roadster for about 4 years now. i build on it for awhile then stop for awhile. the body is glass, but almost everything else has been built by me. i used a pinto front end, 8"ford rear, 350 chebbie with th400 trans. the frame i built out of 2"x3" box tubing. its close and maybe able to drive it before the summer is over.

Hey 26Troadster welcome .. What part of bama. I'm west of mobile

Welcome. Don't worry about the slow build. I hear that there's a guy named Don in Florida that's been working on his T roadster for seven years or so. How about some project pics. And if you hav not already, check around the site and find Don's build. It's nice.

Welome!

26Tster,
Welcome & don't worry about slow builds... that is par for the course. Have a look around & post some fotos so we can have a look! Is that a R&P pinto front end?

BoB

26T welcome. I also am building a 26T roadster (although mine started life as a coupe.) Post some pics. I'd like to see your build. Well the car that is, really I'm not that kind of guy.

26Tster,
Welcome & don't worry about slow builds... that is par for the course. Have a look around & post some fotos so we can have a look! Is that a R&P pinto front end?

BoB

yes it's the rack and pinion, i had a dodge a100 axel and needed disc brake plates they where 100.00 apeice, then a fella offered me the pinto for 100.00 it was easy to decide. i got some older photos from before i started the wood work i will try to get them on here as well as my 63 chebbie short bed truck, it also is a older pic that y'all would like better then what it looks like now. i just had to paint it, but it is up for a redo too. i see you are from houston, i was born and raised there, from the sixth grade i lived in new caney. moved to alabama with my wife in 85 and have been here 22/23 years. its aheck of a note i was b&r in texas and lived in alabama longer.

Last edited:
26T welcome. I also am building a 26T roadster (although mine started life as a coupe.) Post some pics. I'd like to see your build. Well the car that is, really I'm not that kind of guy.

oh man i would of loved to had a coupe are the roadster pickup, but the deal on the roadster body was too good to pass up. don't worry i'm not that kind of guy either.

pictures of my roadster

heres a couple of pics. i have done most of the wood work after these pic's where taken.

Attachments

• odie's roadster.jpg
    odie's roadster.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 25
  • odie's roadster2.jpg
    odie's roadster2.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 26
63 chebbie truck

black is before i sold it, red after. it was gone for about 2 years, then a buddy of mines son got it. he liked a 72 camero so we traded, and as long as i live it will never leave again. it now has a buick 350 th350 on the colum, disc brakes in front and trans am rearend so it would get better gas milage and because it was the only rear that i had when i tore the 12 bolt out(used to have 4 speed).

Attachments

• 63-1.jpg
    63-1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 63-2.jpg
    63-2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back