28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint It Black

Seems like forever since I updated the build, been working really hard on the frame. All the welding is complete, two coats of Rustoleum flat black on the frame and final assembly has begun [cl[cl

Video https://youtu.be/a4uOka6rfD0

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Paint it Black 001.jpg
    Resize of Paint it Black 001.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Resize of Paint it Black 002.jpg
    Resize of Paint it Black 002.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Resize of Paint it Black 003.jpg
    Resize of Paint it Black 003.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Paint it Black 006.jpg
    Resize of Paint it Black 006.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Resize of Paint it Black 007.jpg
    Resize of Paint it Black 007.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Resize of Paint it Black 008.jpg
    Resize of Paint it Black 008.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Resize of Paint it Black 009.jpg
    Resize of Paint it Black 009.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Yesterday I installed the engine and trans, I will get some pictures but decided to video the procedure :eek: It wasn't as bad as pulling it but close. Seems the engine set back combined with a short boom on my engine lift left me 6 inches short of the motor mounts, so I had to balance the whole assembly on a couple floor jacks then reposition the lift get the the job done.

video https://youtu.be/LI-hpE-i5M4

haha man if there is a problem you can have it! [cl[cl

next time design the mounts to drop the motor out the bottom! :p good progress!

I'm pretty sure B-tard's "cherry picker" is the same as yours. The reach is too damn short and may find itself modified in the near future! [;)

I know about those shortcommings. [ddd Mine is too short {cherry picker boom, what did you think I was talking about?:D } to reach on the long nose Lincoln. First time, I put a piece of box tubing over my boom to extend it a foot. Worked OK, but was hard to keep the back end on the ground. When I pulled the assembly out this time, I used a tie down bar shoved up into the boom. Worked better than the box tube did, but still had to pick it up, drag it forward a foot, sit it down, then go back to the normal boom hookup. Installing will be the reverse, sit it in, put the bar back in and re-hook, then pick it up to put it on the mounts.

Wish I had a rolling A frame, it would be much easier.....

haha man if there is a problem you can have it! [cl[cl

next time design the mounts to drop the motor out the bottom! :p good progress!

You got that right, I think that how these Mopars were origionaly designed for the K member and engine trans to come out the bottom

That 440 looks great. How is that knee doing [S

Thanks Bman Knee is still causing me grief, so still a physio for it.:mad:

I'm pretty sure B-tard's "cherry picker" is the same as yours. The reach is too damn short and may find itself modified in the near future! [;)

I'm afraid if I extend it something else on the china frame my let go.

I know about those shortcommings. [ddd Mine is too short {cherry picker boom, what did you think I was talking about?:D } to reach on the long nose Lincoln. First time, I put a piece of box tubing over my boom to extend it a foot. Worked OK, but was hard to keep the back end on the ground. When I pulled the assembly out this time, I used a tie down bar shoved up into the boom. Worked better than the box tube did, but still had to pick it up, drag it forward a foot, sit it down, then go back to the normal boom hookup. Installing will be the reverse, sit it in, put the bar back in and re-hook, then pick it up to put it on the mounts.

Wish I had a rolling A frame, it would be much easier.....

An A frame would be real nice it would handle engines and bodies.

Latest posts

Back