Studeuar (pronounced Stude-War)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found another reference to the car and it listed the jag suspension source as a 1976 xjs.

if I remember right they were modular front and rear cross-members that would need very little modifying to mount to most frames.

and I believe the rear diff was a Dana 44 derivative.

doesn't look like the builder ever had a build thread on the net.

I worked and went to school in South Bend back in the 70's and always had a soft spot for Studebaker. IMO you've got the best body style they made and your build plan sounds awesome. I'm a little surprised it has fiberglass body parts. Didn't know that stuff was available for the Studes.

I think the fiberglass stuff exist because of land speed racers. They killed most of the real 53-54 studes and started converting later bodies into 53-54s with fiberglass parts. I would prefer nice steel body parts but, oh well.

Flipper, Please don't put fins and a spoiler on you Stude. The car in Sheridan Wyoming is nice and all, but it didn't need that.

There is a wreck of one on CL somewhere around me. If only I had a bigger shop and unlimited time and resources. :rolleyes:

Flipper, Please don't put fins and a spoiler on you Stude. The car in Sheridan Wyoming is nice and all, but it didn't need that.

There is a wreck of one on CL somewhere around me. If only I had a bigger shop and unlimited time and resources. :rolleyes:

No fins, no one piece window conversions, but I'm not promising it won't get a bonneville style spoiler / wing on the back.

Here is another really clean looking stude. ...pretty much stock just lower from what I can tell. If this is the one I think it is, the description said it had a S10 front clip under it.

Attachments

• nov09_1.jpg
    nov09_1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 36
  • nov09_2.jpg
    nov09_2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 32
Inspirational Studes that don't have the front wheels tucked...what to do?...what to do?

I really like how they made the body line go all the way to the headlight. The eyebrows also seen to stick out farther.
Studes for inspiration by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

and one that looks more stock. I could problably copy this one with the stock Stude suspension...just lowered.
Studes for inspiration by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the stude coupes, always put me in mind of what a properly chopped and sectioned 50s would END UP looking like, right out of the box!

Looking really hard at sticking the XJS stuff under there. It will work if I rn the jag wheels and skinny tires. I went to homo depot and bought a can of antique nickle spray paint to see if i could make the jag wheels look like old magnesium wheels. Not bad for a no prep experiment.

Actual wheel placement would be in a little bit with jag suspension under the car.

Attachments

• 20170121_130817.jpg
    20170121_130817.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170121_131343.jpg
    20170121_131343.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170121_131350.jpg
    20170121_131350.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back