The fun never ends...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
First off, it sure is nice to be writin this right now. At about 6:30 pm me and the mutt were in the truck running to the gate. The power company was done for the day and I was closing up behind them. Pulled up to the gate. Opened the driver's door to swing out. Knocked my 45 off the seat onto the ground and "BAM" Never ate a 45 Colt before. Can't say as I like the taste much....
God has had his hand on me for quite some time and I'm here to tell you it is probably His doing that I'm still among the living...
From 7:30 till about an hour ago I've been keeping the nurses smiling at the hospital.
attachment.php

By the way, I spit the bullet out....
attachment.php

Blew a hole thru my cheek, bounced off my jawbone and caught up in the rear of my cheek. No broken bones.

Attachments

• DSCN0500.jpg
    DSCN0500.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0501.jpg
    DSCN0501.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 80
Holy excrement!!! Please don't pull stunts like that anymore. Sure glad you are not hurt worse.

Maybe when I quit hurting I'll laugh about it a go on, but I'm still shaking my head on how I escaped some more serious injury. Believe it or not, you're standing there, knowing you just took a shot to the face and the first thing you automatically do is feel to see if the back side of your head is still there. It was a 45 Colt. Then I felt around my jaw. Can't feel anything blown out. Got a large hole thru my cheek. It was easy to find as it was running the red stuff out. I stick my finger thru there and clasp what's left of my cheek to my face and apply pressure. Then I'm thinking, something is rolling around in there. I leaned forward and spit the slug on the ground. Ok, my dog Buddy is a little upset. I get him in the truck and drive back the mile to the house. Put the dog up. fed him and the horse, called my buddy Junior to ride me to town. And here I am...damn

The trucks ok? Just pullin your chain Smalls..... you're one lucky
dude!!!! I see you didn't let them take the whole beard...maybe add
a holster in the door panel......be safe friend, you have way to much
stuff left to do....;)

Definitely wasn't your day....but that's about as close as you can get! :eek:

I let a bolt action 257 Roberts go off in the ground between my feet once, no blood shed but I did have to change pants. :eek:

Wow... glad you're ok!!! I had a similar incident with one of my previous pistols. Didn't get hit but scared the **** outta Mrs Tripper! That's when I switched to a Glock 9mm... supposedly that can't happen with a Glock! Plus the 9mm version holds a 15 shot clip!

Be careful guy!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back