ford ranger spindles on 52 axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkskunk

I have been looking for a while but cannot find any info on if it is even possible. I know that they mount differently but can the ranger spindles be mounted the same as the stock spindles? What are the dimension differences of 52 spindles and newer ranger spindles as far as mounting it to the axle is concerned? [s

By 'Ranger", are you referring to the smaller size pickups? If so, not even close to working.... More likely spindles from a 60's to 70's F150 would be adaptable since they basically mount with a kingpin similar to your 52. 70's ones come with disc brakes, cutoff year is 1979.

Yes I do mean the smaller ranger. Was thinking about the 80-90a model. I know it mounts differently but can it go on the outside of axle. Since it is a twin I beam I figured maybe. If maybe an f150 then would that work?

Yeah, I think the Ranger mounting points are too far apart, that's why I suggested the 70's F150 spindle - it may fit with just a spacer and possibly reaming out the axle end for the kingpin. Time to snoop around the boneyards with a tape measure and calipers, and if you can find a freindly parts store guy, he may dig out a kingpin kit for a 70's F150 so you can mic the kingpin to compare it to your 52 one.

52 chevy / 1990 ford ranger conversion

That is exactly what I've done on my set up. Basically had 52 chevy spindles machined to have 1990 2WD ford ranger hub on them. Works great. This is a cheap way to convert to disk brake w/ use of the GM metric single piston caliper. SO those who say it cant be done have not tried it....gimme your email and I can send you numerous pictures.

OK just re read all other posts. What I've done...is NOT use ranger spindles. I used 52 chevy spindles...just took them into the local machine shop and had them machined to accept the ranger hub.
Apologies to those who posted earlier...this set up is not the same as the OP but accomplishes the same thing.

hitman

starting somewhere 1980 ford trucks started using ball joints on the i-beam, don't ask me how but a 94 model we had had them. my ranger 99 model has a frames.

you guys are awsome!! it works went out to the junkyard, measured and it is exactly the same. I found a 77 Ford F150. perfect. now all I have to do is figure out how to remove it. I know there's info about that somewhere.

Latest posts

Back